Recent content by nemo1180

1. nemo1180

full tank shot

Great looking tank!
  2. nemo1180

Green colored water in my 10gal fish only tank!

I change carbon every two weeks in my filters. No sunlight hits it either. I never tested it for phos. Maybe I should get a test kit for phos? I know my nitates are high and ammonia. I am trying to get them down by adding prime by seachem. Would that cause the green water situation? I just...
  3. nemo1180

It was a year old in febuary.Ya I tested yesterday The Results are Salinity 1.024 ,nirite o.oppm,nitrate 40ppm,ammonia was.25ppm,PH WAS 8.2,DKH Was 300.I will test again tommorow if need to and post results agian.
  4. nemo1180

I changed filters from a hang on back whisper 10-20.To a marineland 150 30-50. But the water was green before that. I rubbed old bacteria on the new carterages for the marineland filter. I also keeped my additional filter still running on it my regent 5-15 hang on the back filter didn't mess...
  5. nemo1180

How can I get green water in my 10gal fish only tank to clear? What causes green water? I tried little water changes and many different water clarifiers.But nothing worked.Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  6. nemo1180

Is there any corals to add in my tank that my pencil urchin won't bother?

I was wondering if somone can tell me if there are any corals. I can put in my 20 gal saltwater tank with a pencil urchin? I had little purple tree coral frags before I got my urchin and a mushroom. The mushroom is doing fine it is not bothering it. But a few days after I added the urchin it ate...
  7. nemo1180

Can I treat My 30gal saltwater tank with Melafix with a coral bandes shrimp in it?

Re: Can I treat My 30gal saltwater tank with Melafix with a coral bandes shrimp in it Ya,thats what I thought. Ok thanks if his fin get worse I will put him in my qt tank and medicate him. It is just a nipped tail from another fish in my aquarium not a diease so I should be ok. I gave the fish...
  8. nemo1180

Can I treat My 30gal saltwater tank with Melafix with a coral bandes shrimp in it?

Hi,I have a coral banded shrimp and it is doing great. But I want to put some melafix in my tank for a fish that got a frayed fin from fighting. Will it hurt the shrimp? My tank is a 30gal with live rock and fake corals and anemoes and fake plants. Please let me know if anyone knows.
  9. nemo1180

What type of lighting do I need for a 30gal reef to keep anemone's and coral?

Hi,I have a 30 gal reef tank with just live rock and fish and a coral banded shrimp. My tank has been setup fot 6 months now and I want to try to keep some anemones and corals.What kind of lighting do you suggest? Right now I have the screw in type hood it holds two bulbs. I have coralife mini...
  10. nemo1180

Having Trouble keeping turbo snails alive?

I have a regent 30-60 gal hang on filter on it. Also a rio skimmer. I feed about 2-3 times a day.Is that to much? I remove the excess food from the suction thing on the filter daily.Is it ok if I would get a cuc since my tank is only little over 4months. Is corallife 50-50 acentic lighting ok...
  11. nemo1180

Ya I am haveing a little trouble with inverbates. My fish and and coral banded are doing fine. I am useing tap water treated with aquasafe. I think my tank is to young to keep snails and a anemone. Plus I need better lighting for the anemone. I been working on raiseing the salt level doing it...
  12. nemo1180

My Condy died why?

OK, thats what I thought need better lights and higher salt level. I will let my tank mature and get better lighting and higher salt before I buy another one.Thanks for info!
  13. nemo1180

I know my nitates are high I do add prime a few times a week for the nitates between water changes. It usually takes it down to about 10. I do a water change every 2 weeks. I think if I want to try them again I need to get my salt to about 1.026 and my temp to stay bout 78. I have my heater set...
  14. nemo1180

My Condy died why?

Hi, I recently bought a CONDY ANEMONE for my 30 gal tank from mt LFS store a week and a half ago. It was doing fine for about a week and then it shrivled up to nothing I tried to feed it brine shrimp and anemone food from a bottle with a suringe. But it did not seem to livin up at all it turned...
  15. nemo1180

Hi, Every time I buy turbo snails they do fine and then about a week later they die. My tank is a 30 gal tank with a good bit of live rock. I have fish and a shrimp in it. I have a alge clip in there all the time with alge on it for the snails. Plus don't they eat off the bottom to the left over...