Recent content by nanodoc

1. N

Change all tubing yearly?

thanks for all the great feedback! That's shocking about the chiller. I have a JBJ too. Excellent pearl, might be worth a stickie!
  2. N

Change all tubing yearly?

My RSM 250 is 1 year old now ( woohoo!) , the right pump is connected to a chiller using clear vinyl tubing. Actually everything is the same, also to the pumps, with 2 hose clamps on each end. I was told to change the tubing once a year to prevent disasters, at the same time disassemble and...
  3. N

ALWAYS Dip your corals!

Correction! I looked up blue eyed acropora crab, and found posts that say it's the worst crab ever for acros! It eats the polyps at the base and leavesa path of destruction , and I thought it was a good one. Apparently it is a blue eyed teddy crab. If it is hairy, it is bad I stand to be...
  4. N

ALWAYS Dip your corals!

I thought acro crabs are considered symbiotic and might even keep AEFW in check I need to know because I have a a couple of acros with these little crabs, look like they are totally made for the specific corals, one is on a blue acro even has blue eyes on it
  5. N

John 'whippetguy' RSM 250

is the Lifereef skimmer and fuge still working as advertised? Should be close to a year too my build is coming up soon
  6. N

Modding the fliptop on RSM 250

I got this response from Glenn on another thread ( I have been looking for an answer) It might help others to mod the top I haven't tried it yet but it is nice to know thanks Glenn http://www.redseamax.com/redseamax/250Temp/redseamax/downloads/Replacing%20fans.pdf
  7. N

Modding the fliptop on RSM 250

This might be a stupid question, but has anybody tried to alter the fliptop on the 250? It looks like a wasted area, I never use it to put my testing equipment on it. With my 2 left hands I probably will knock it in the tank. But has anybody cut out the bottom, put an automatic feeder in...
  8. N

?How to treat bryopsis

Originally posted by Gary Majchrzak anecdotal evidence would seem to indicate mollusks being sensitive to elevated levels of Mg... I can probably attest to elevated Mag levels and their effects better than most here. As I pointed out earlier, I had an accidental overdose to the tune of...
  9. N

Whippetguy's 16g Nano Tank

Hey John, you are not getting a Lifereef for your nano?
  10. N

?How to treat bryopsis

Thanks, Glenn! That was very heeelpful! You are such a library of information, that thread was from 2010, so that question has been raised by other people, still don't know what it does to the SPS
  11. N

?How to treat bryopsis

I have a bryopsis problems for months. It seems the only way to take careof it is manually remove it weekly. I have been reading up on it, and one of the recs is to increase your magnesium level to 1600 or higher. I have been gradually adding more and more Mg to the tank without results...
  12. N

NJKayakAngler's RSM 250 Build

Beautiful stand! Are you enclosing the the bottom / add doors or leave it like it is?
  13. N

Must have add ons for 250

How do you pop the hood open to access the fans, in case I need to replace them?
  14. N

DianaKay's RSM 250

congrats! My RSM 250 is now 9 months old. Happy modding!
  15. N

Coral pics, haven't posted in awhile!

I am going to stick my neck out, but I bet your camera is not a Kodak Brownie