Recent content by Miri

1. M

question about colors

my branch hammer and open brain are both losing their green color. They're just not as bright as they used to be, they used to be a bright bright green, almost neon and they're just kinda fading into a dull green. I have an actinic and daylight power compact bulbs over it. Each are 32 watts a...
  2. M

question about colors

ps. would marine snow or some phytoplankton help??
  3. M

question about colors

my question: some of my corals have been losing a bit of color, how can i bring it back? i've got at least 6 watts per gal over my corals which is more than enough since its only a 10 gal uni system. I tested everything and the only thing out of balance is my iodine but i've always had a...
  4. M

Need a recommendation for a heater

I've always used Ebo-Jagger, its a German company. They're supposed to be extremely reliable and always exactly within a degree of the temperature you set them at. I've never had a problem with my two and my friends have never had any problems. I pretty much set the dial and thats that. They are...
  5. M

so i have some pretty weird stuff in my tank

LOL!! I guess I inspired something, I dunno, lol. SO YAH!! all these critters just started commin out when the actinics were goin on for the last 30 min of the day. I was so shocked! I've never seen all these other critters in my reg. salt tank and I've had that thing for almost 2 years now...
  6. M

Well the crab out of his shell, I know for a fact that it was one of my crabs because I found the shell and he has a certain coloration thats very distinct, yellowish with black stripes. I just hope he doesn't die or anything without his shell :( -L-
  7. M

Good Morning!

yah its still way early for me over here in Cali... 1:30 am :) i should go to bed
  8. M

Just today, I saw some pretty weird stuff. One of my crabs was completely out of his shell wandering around... I also saw this weird snail looking thing that had no shell either but i have no idea how he got in there! I also saw this weird thing crawling around... was black.. had lots of lil...
  9. M

question about fish and water circulation

hey i'm gonna have to take some pics of my tank soon so that ya'll can see my awesome open brain. everyone says it looks like i painted the thing neon green, its sooo bright! :D -L-
  10. M

Actually i'm in my last year of college and taking an Oceanography class which is also dealing with the chemical properties of saltwater. Pretty complicated stuff!! I did a check on everything tonight, and did a small water change. Everything is looking good and my new fire goby has been doing...
  11. M

my sister used to live in Long Beach, Tarasco :) they have some nice aquarium stores over there :D
  12. M

The temp stays at 79 degrees farhenhiet fairly constantly. I've checked that during several different times of the day even really late at night. You're right the specific grav. does fluctuate a bit and I have been having trouble maintaining that a bit. I try to keep it around 1.024 but alas I...
  13. M

See thats what i thought... I thought the fish were enjoying the current because they would swim around constantly against the current even though there were places for them to hide. I just really can't think of anything else though thats killing my fish. So hopefully moving the rocks around (i...
  14. M

btw what does the karma thing mean?
  15. M

I've moved the rock completely around. My goby is totally pissed at me, but it will keep him busy for the next few days making some new caves :) My fire goby is certainly thankful though. I'm going to do a small water change today and hopefully things will maintain!! I'll start taking pics for...