Recent content by minicrazy592

1. minicrazy592

Who's heard of buildmyled.com?

What you posted are kits, very good kits, but kits none the less. This is a fully assembled, fully customizable dimming fixture using (if I remember right) Phillips LEDs that's cheaper. The PAR readings I posted are from one single 12" fixture. They were captured with the 75 degree lens. The...
  2. minicrazy592

Who's heard of buildmyled.com?

Hey guys! Haven't posted here in a long time! I've since moved over to FW again and stumbled upon a new local company that may be of interest to you guys still on the fence about LED fixtures or was going the DIY route like I was, it's called buildmyled.com. I heard about them via a friend at my...
  3. minicrazy592

Starting a desktop planted

Since I haven't been on in a while, imma put in my 2 cents. I would go with this: Complete Aquarium Starter Kit: Aqueon Mini Bow Desktop Aquarium Kit at PETCO Ditch the rim, hood light, etc and keep the pump you're using. Then go to Walmart or the hardware store and get one of these work...
  4. minicrazy592

Val's 55gal Freshwater planted community tank

It turned out nice Val!
  5. minicrazy592

Mini's Resurrection 20g build

Long time no post everyone. :wave: Well it's been a crazy and busy summer. I've been working in the oil field and that place isn't fish friendly. So my parents were suppose to be taking care of my fish, but that didn't happen. They're a complete wreck, starving plants, fat fish, screwed...
  6. minicrazy592

Mini's Reef Bowl

Nothing much. Basically everything that receded back has grown back. I'll get a pic of it before I move back down to Corpus on Friday.
  7. minicrazy592

Minicrazy's FW 55g Build

I'm fully aware that it's an over glorified DIY system. It's just easier for my Dad to maintain it when it's prepackaged like that. All my other tanks run a DIY setup. ;) You can see my setups in this post if you look closely...
  8. minicrazy592

Minicrazy's other FW Builds/Tank things

Hmm I haven't realized how much the 10g has changed till I saw my original pics. It's in need a trim badly. XD
  9. minicrazy592

Mini's Reef Bowl

No clue about what kind of worm and snails they are. The snails are a deep black and are a little bit bigger than my sexy shrimp. The worm is a bright fire red bristle worm of some kind. Any who I noticed two small white brittle stars on the glass today. Cute little buggers, I had no clue they...
  10. minicrazy592

Mini's Reef Bowl

Sorry for the long gap in an update. 50 hour weeks have me tied up completely and are leaving me tired. I've been neglecting my forum updates as a result. The move went okay for all of the other tanks. The mini reef didn't handle it all too well. I tried my best to regulate the temperature...
  11. minicrazy592

Fluval Edge 6 gallon

It could be worse, at least yours is only twice the price. I added up the cost of my 10g planted tank the other day. I have spent roughly $300 on a $15 tank. :drunk:
  12. minicrazy592

Mini's Reef Bowl

No nothing really. I have discovered two? black snails lurking in the vase at night. They are bigger than my poor little sexy shrimp. I'm not sure if I should pluck them out or keep them. Also I now have a heater in the tank. As it has been getting hotter down here so I've been cranking down the...
  13. minicrazy592

Minicrazy's FW 55g Build

Well the Amanos are doing great. The shrimp are still on their mother dangling waiting to be dropped eventually. I have her in my 10g fry raising tank full of java moss in the hopes they will cling onto it till they can properly swim on their own.
  14. minicrazy592

Also I love duckweed, except when I have to put my hands in the tank.
  15. minicrazy592

Long time no see everyone. I wanted to do an update as I will be moving the tanks in a day to my parent's house for the summer. Here's how the tanks look currently. 10G: As usual, please excuse my iPhone pics. I did a bit of rearranging and trimming a few weeks ago. I got rid of...