Recent content by may2024

1. may2024

Odysea t5 fixtures on ebay

Sorry that's aquatraders.com Galaxy
  2. may2024

Odysea t5 fixtures on ebay

I used one of the older Odysea fixtures for a couple of years never had any problems with it. I did buy nicer bulbs when the original one needed to be replaced you can buy them from aquatrader.com for the same price or less than they are on eBay. Galaxy
  3. may2024

Hello From Oklahoma

Welcome to RS look forward to seeing your tank. Galaxy
  4. may2024

New to leds. Need help

I have a 25 nano cube and just bought the maxspect razor nano fixture for it. Its pretty awesome I'm only running it at 70 percent. I was using t5s but the bulbs were about $100 to change. The 48" bulbs on my 75 are cheaper than the 20" go figure. Although I agree with Dave if you are going to...
  5. may2024

Hello!

Hi welcome to RS My phone.
  6. may2024

Some help with HK style bulkheads please.

Your setup is looking really nice. Cable ties work great for support.lol My phone.
  7. may2024

Ro/di. Copper piping in house

I have copper piping in my house and my rodi setup seems to handle it fine i have tested for copper and never had any. My phone.
  8. may2024

Do optical sensors work in the dark?

Sorry the answer is no a standard optical sensor will not work in the dark. How ever there are a few that supply their own light they are very specialized and very expensive. My phone.
  9. may2024

Do optical sensors work in the dark?

Optical sensors sense a difference in light that is a change in light most can be set to see dark or light but it is the change between the too that the sensors are looking for. The better the sensor the smaller and faster the change can be and still be detected. My phone.
  10. may2024

ExTech Electronic PH Tester

Extech products are not that cheap. I have never used their ph tester but own a couple of other testers made by them and they all work pretty well. My phone.
  11. may2024

My 120 Gallon Project - First Timer !

Wow really nice setup I like the wire raceways really gives a neat look to every thing. I wish I had thought of mounting to a back plate like youdid in your basement sump area very nice. My phone.
  12. may2024

Marineland Corner Overflow Issue

I had a very similar problem I ended up increasing the size of my vent tube got rid of flushing sound and tank drains at a constant rate now. My phone.
  13. may2024

2 tanks on one system good or bad?

I ran a 75 and 25 on the same sump for a long time never had any big problems made the maintenance a little easier less equipment to clean. My phone.
  14. may2024

Anyone Ever Used This Rock?

Yea i have some in my tank i just added it a couple of weeks ago but it seems to be doing really good. It looks a little fake at first but ages out nice. My phone.
  15. may2024

Some help with HK style bulkheads please.

If you use a gasket use one on the wet side only. I'm not a big fan of gaskets i like silcone myself. But like most things in this hobby both can endlessly debated.:-) My phone.