Recent content by Manimore

1. M

Stomatella snail with white stringy things

Only the one in the first post
  2. M

that would be so cool DianaKay, i watched it go all the way up to the top of the overflow yesterday and spew a white cloudy substance for about 2-3 minutes. So i doubt a baby would do that :). hydroids is possible as i have small hydroids all over my glass for the last 4 weeks. The fact that we...
  3. M

What could this be?
  4. M

SaltNoob's RSM 130D Adventure.

So the dial has the white pins. You push the pins out for the time period you want the light on. The switch always remains in the on position. You can turn the dial to the current time. Not exact because it's increments of 10 minutes I believe. Once you have it setup just ensure that the switch...
  5. M

Quarantine

Before I forget. Thank you!
  6. M

Quarantine

Ok I have a plan then. Tank is running with fresh saltwater. I added ammonia. Wait for 0-0- and a little nitrate then get fish. We are planning pink skunk clown pair, pink spot goby and 4 blue eyed cardinals but the cardinals are a long way off for now. We will start with the clowns.
  7. M

Quarantine

So treat with paraguard no matter what kind of preventative? Does it contain copper? Can you give me a quick how to? Cycle, paraguard as on the bottle, fish. How many waterchanges per week and how much each time?
  8. M

Quarantine

I have no fish atm so I will just cycle the biocube. There is some bioballs in the back to hold bacteria. I will look into paraguard. I figure cycle, then introduce 2-3 fish one week apart then watch and Medicate as needed. If no meds required then wait until the rsm had its 10 weeks and...
  9. M

Quarantine

Only new additions that will later go into the rsm. At which point I am pretty sure we will empty the biocube and keep it in storage until we need it again. Hospital or qt at that time.
  10. M

Quarantine

so since we can't seem to keep fish alive despite near perfect water parameters we are letting our Red Sea max fallow for up to two month and are setting up a quarantine tank. It's a 14 gallon biocube found on Craigslist. My question is do I just fill it with saltwater and watch for ammonia or...
  11. M

emrald crabs

My hitchhiker. I believe he is a black emerald crab. He just molted here is the shell. I only see him at night or his claws coming out of the rocks to scrape algae during the day. If he sees me he is gone back in the rock. I tried to catch him but he didn't go for a silverside so I believe he...
  12. M

Snails upside down

This may be a stupid question but after the cycle nitrate 20, ammonia 0, trite 0 we added two clowns and they both died quickly. Do you think the worms could be at fault? One thing I noticed that after day one they barely came out from behind the rocks. The little one never ate the female at...
  13. M

SaltNoob's RSM 130D Adventure.

I looked and could t find any reviews on the switch. I too am curious if the temp increase is just me. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. M

Snails upside down

Just a quick update: saw more slime, found the offender and saw which rock it lives in. Had a moment of weakness and dipped the rock in soda water 5 min. rinsed with fresh saltwater thoroughly and put the rock back in. Not 2 minutes later it comes crawling out of the rock i grab my tweezers but...
  15. M

Snails upside down

I read about the soda thing. So far I still have my snails but as soon as I start seeing slime again I might take that drastic measure. The rock I suspect most of them in also has tons of little feather dusters, brittle stars and snails I don't want to hurt them. Sent from my iPhone using...