Recent content by magnum

1. M

Looking for ATO for 130D

Has anybody used on of these on a 130D? http://autotopoff.com/products/
  2. M

Mushrooms out nitrates in

I still did not get all the shrooms out that I want. I will post a photo when done with the rearranging.
  3. M

Red Sea Max 130d LED Lights

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/red-sea-max-owners-club/89724-accent-lighting-my-130d.html
  4. M

Looking for ATO for 130D

Is anybody running an ATO on their 130D
  5. M

Yes I checked it the night before it was 8.3. I mixed a new batch and the ph is only about 8? I checked with the LFS yesterday they said if I bring in the rock with the mushrooms he will give me a new rock.
  6. M

I've been overrun with mushrooms. I started cutting them off the rocks and scraping any flesh left behind. Now I'm getting nitrates. I have never had a nitrate reading since I first cycled the tank. I still have more shrooms to get rid of. I did a 30% WC right after putting the rocks back in the...
  7. M

Looking for ATO for 130D

I got it! I can hook up an ATO to my RO unit ans just plug in into a timer to run 15 min per day. I did the math and if it was to fail I would only dump 1.2 gal into the tank per day. if i used the pump in a bucket I could dump 5gal in one shot that would be more likely to wipe out my tank. I...
  8. M

Looking for ATO for 130D

Thanks I was looking at the pros and cons of doing it both ways. I would try to rig up some kind of fail safe if I run direct. I would like to hear what other people are using.
  9. M

Looking for ATO for 130D

Hi, I am looking for an ATO that I can buy or build for around $100. Does anybody have any suggestions? I saw the Tunze Osmolator Nano 3152 Auto Top Off. I would rather hook up something that runs strait off my RO unit and eliminate the pump if possible. Running off a pump my be a little safer...
  10. M

Dose pump for a 130D?

Thanks guys, I want one for cal, one for Alk and one to use for a top off. How do you set them up so it adds the correct amout?
  11. M

Accent lighting to my 130D

I am not proud of my tank right now everything is over grown. I am looking for a local reefer to take some of the stuff the watermelon mushrooms and Kenya tree have taken over. I lost several corals in the past two months aswell.
  12. M

Led fixture Lights only Lights and LEDs LEDs only
  13. M

For the longest time I have wanted to add accent lighting to my 130D to make the corals glow. I had a couple attempts with different fixtures with out much success. I just put the Blue Marineland Aquatic Accent LED System on and it works great. It does not fit conventionally to the tank, I was...
  14. M

Dose pump for a 130D?

Does anybody use a dose pump on there 130D? I was thinking of getting one but I don't know much about them. What I see on line everything goes into a sump. will a dose pump work in the cabinet and pump up to the tank? any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.
  15. M

Matted filefsh

I have one in my fowlr tank. I bought a bunch of rock from a guy and used it in my three tanks. I never had aiptasia before. since I put the rock in I have had an aiptasia problem in the two tanks without the file fish. I can't say if he would bother your corals but he is the easiest fish in my...