Recent content by Lonestar

1. Lonestar

Opinions on Bowfront tank versus rectangular 90

Note on lighting. My bowfront was purchased with a custom bowfront cabinet stand w/ matching canopy. In order to service the aquarium with ease, I hung the canopy from the ceiling giving an 8 " clearance to perform necassary maint., feeding etc. I originally mounted a 36" x 4 light T5 unit in...
  2. Lonestar

Opinions on Bowfront tank versus rectangular 90

I can only speak on personal experience. My options for optimal viewing and space requirements led me to choose the 92 gal bowfront corner tank, and I have been well pleased with that choice. I use the mag-float glass cleaners and have no issue keeping the glass prestine. 75 lbs of LR was placed...
  3. Lonestar

Lunar Sim on Aquacontroller Jr ???

Do any of you folks operate Neptune System's Lunar Sim with an Aquacontroller Jr ? I just received the Sim gifted under the tree, but instructions seem vague, especially not being the gadget geek I aspire to be. Instructions point to installing the Control Input cable to the Aquacontroller, but...
  4. Lonestar

Neptune Alarm Module

Hmmmm....I've never dealt with these folks either. I'm curious as to whether I can order direct from Neptune as a retail buyer
  5. Lonestar

Neptune Alarm Module

I've been shopping online for the CM506 alarm module for my Aquacontroller Jr, but not having luck finding a website that has the product. I find "not available" or "not in stock" so looking for RS input. Thanks in advance!
  6. Lonestar

LFS going out of business

For me, the nearest LFS is a 6 hour drive round trip, so shopping on line is definately money saving.......but I make that road trip bi-monthly and lighten my wallet at his cash register. And it's more than just the money, I enjoy the face to face conversation, strolling down the aisles of ooh...
  7. Lonestar

purchasing supplies and livestock

I have been well pleased with all dry good purchases I have made from Marine Depot, Custom Aquatics, Catalina Aquarium, and Foster & Smith. I've done business with these folks many times and have no compaints.I'm sure there are more out there that provide just as good merchandise, service, and price
  8. Lonestar

Reef Fanatic or Red Sea Wavemaster

I purchased the Wavemaster Pro a couple months ago. Fish seem to like it, coral seem to be happier, and I have had a lesser issue with the cyano I was battling sometime back. Basically, I was pleased with the purchase. The soft start is a good selling point as well.
  9. Lonestar

DT Backing

There are several choices in the black spray paint, anything from flat to gloss to exotic. Thoughts?
  10. Lonestar

DT Backing

good point and sound advice...thank you
  11. Lonestar

DT Backing

Home Depot sells a black chalkboard paint in spray cans. I wonder if that would achieve a desireable look.
  12. Lonestar

DT Backing

what medium do you use to obtain the natural black?
  13. Lonestar

DT Backing

Just curious what most of you do to hide plumbing, cords, cables, etc on that are revealed on the backside of the tank when viewing the dispay from the front. My better half prefers a mirror type idea, but the 92 gal corner tank we purchased did not have the reflective glass. I'm not entirely...
  14. Lonestar

Tank Upgrade Questions

When I transfer the LR from the existing system to the new tank, will it adversely affect the beautiful coraline algae that has encrusted the rock? We also enjoy the tiny copepods that scurry about the LR. What chance do they have of survival from one tank to the next?
  15. Lonestar

Tank Upgrade Questions

Will take the need for more LR to heart, and have it on the shopping list for the next trip to town. Will post photos of the transition when we are ready to do the deed. The custom cherry cabinet looks awesome.....however it did hit me deep in the wallet. BTW, ditching the API test kits (had...