Recent content by Lionfish Lair

1. Lionfish Lair

ID por favor

That's a Dermatobranchus - octocoral predator.
  2. Lionfish Lair

Glass or Acrylic?

As far as glass is concerned, I never go bigger than I'm prepared to loose on the floor. In earthquake country, the front panel can slide right off like heated butter. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  3. Lionfish Lair

Larry's Reef Food

Some of my aquaculture books state 2 months. More say less than that. If you are seeing ice crystals.... game over. The more HUFAs a fish has, the shorter the the time they should be in the freezer. I give my fish vitamin C directly. It's one of the more important vitamins as it promotes...
  4. Lionfish Lair

Larry's Reef Food

You really don't want it to last TOO long if its loaded with fats and vitamins, as both will oxidize when stored too long or inappropriately, and will be of less nutritional value to your fish. _______________________________________________ Sent from Tapatalk
  5. Lionfish Lair

Macna 2012

I don't know if any of the men in my group wore dress pants, but they all had on nice shirts. _______________________________________________ Sent from Tapatalk
  6. Lionfish Lair

Milwaukee Digital Seawater Refractometer

I have one as well. Love it! _______________________________________________ Sent from Tapatalk
  7. Lionfish Lair

What is This (safe)

They can totally deflate when touched. Poke poke poke! _______________________________________________ Sent from Tapatalk
  8. Lionfish Lair

Fish ID needed

I think we need a membership drive. LOL! _______________________________________________ Sent from Tapatalk
  9. Lionfish Lair

BUILDING A DREAM....Dream 2.0

Wow. I'm speechless. _______________________________________________ Sent from Tapatalk
  10. Lionfish Lair

Fish ID needed

Mine hasn't had coral in 3 years. Her favorite is pellets! DD sells them all the time, but its hard to find the peeps who are buying them! _______________________________________________ Sent from Tapatalk
  11. Lionfish Lair

Fish ID needed

Did you get yours from DD? _______________________________________________ Sent from Tapatalk
  12. Lionfish Lair

Fish ID needed

I would not get that fish as it looks skinny. When you buy these at the LFS you have to use every advantage available to you and it's best to get them when they are first brought in and still have fat. I spent 3 months weaning mine and I used SPS frags in the beginning. I've had her 3 years as...
  13. Lionfish Lair

sea horses or jelly's???

Jellies. Seahorses were once extremely difficult, but that time has passed with the intro of the captive bred horse. Neither are a beginner critter. _______________________________________________ Sent from Tapatalk
  14. Lionfish Lair

found this on amazon, and have to post it

Oh, I needed that chuckle! _______________________________________________ Sent from Tapatalk
  15. Lionfish Lair

Snails dead?

You would know if they were dead before you put them in..... at least your nose would :-/ _______________________________________________ Sent from Tapatalk