Recent content by LastLocal

1. LastLocal

LastLocal's 14g Biocube

Thanks guys!!!...sorry I haven't been on in forever. Here's a video of my tank on youtube. Just my little update I guess. Hope everyone is having a great year!! YouTube - Biocube 14g
  2. LastLocal

RSM 130D or CAD 39g Pro

Oh, and here's a video of the cramped tank...less algae here YouTube - Biocube 14g
  3. LastLocal

RSM 130D or CAD 39g Pro

Hey, guys! So, I've had my 14g biocube running for about a year now, and I'm getting that cramped feeling like I need a bigger tank. I've done a ton of research and have pretty much narrowed my search down to the Red Sea Max 130D and the CAD 39g Pro. Both of these tanks have run neck and neck in...
  4. LastLocal

LastLocal's 14g Biocube

Well, I haven't updated this in forever so here is an updated pic of my tank today.
  5. LastLocal

LastLocal's 14g Biocube

Alright guys, I've had my 14g Biocube up and running for about 2 months now. I guess I'm just bored and can't sleep, but I've somehow decided that keeping a thread where I can watch my tank progress would actually be fun/interesting. And maybe, just maybe, I can learn or pass some knowledge on...
  6. LastLocal

Jawfish House

Ok, yeah that's what I was thinking....my sandbed is only 2" right now so I need to add to that. How deep should it be? I've read anything from 3" to 5"
  7. LastLocal

Skimmer Question

Ok, I have another fairly quick question. I'm thinking about going with the Tunze 9002 skimmer in the 2nd chamber of my biocube 29 and was wondering how great of fluctuations in water levels these can work under. I do not have an ato, I manually top off my tank each night after the light goes...
  8. LastLocal

Jawfish House

Ok, I'm planning on getting a jawfish down the road, and I've seen where people have built a tunnel out of pvc pipe under their sand for them with a shell as the entrance. I'm thinking about going ahead and doing this while my tank is still basically just starting out. But, I was wondering if...
  9. LastLocal

30 gal tank, what kind of fish?

Oh, that's fine. I finally realized that it was something like that....and that screen top is awesome. I went to Home Depot and made mine today and it's definitely better than eggcrate!
  10. LastLocal

Help needed...advice welcomed please

Welcome! I agree with chipmunkofdoom2, the best thing is going to be research, and a lot of things are personal preference. So, I"m not going to tell you things to go out and do but rather just what I've done with my biocube and what I've found through my own research.... Lights---I went...
  11. LastLocal

30 gal tank, what kind of fish?

Alright it seems that I'm at the same point you are right now. I'm a student at Univ. of Georgia and decided to start a 29 gallon biocube. I started planning and researching in May, and now it's been running two weeks with all my parameters locked down and cleanup crew now in. That said, here...
  12. LastLocal

Can't think of a catchy title, but I'm new

BigAl07....thanks so much for the tips. I got that rubble out of there, and the screen lid is what I wanted to do originally but just couldn't figure out how so now I should be able to get that done...ha ha PC is great. You don't really realize it until you leave. And now that I'm in college at...
  13. LastLocal

New Comer

From one newbie to another, welcome!!!!:rougiem:
  14. LastLocal

Can't think of a catchy title, but I'm new

What's up guys?! Ok I'm new so I thought I'd just drop a line on here. After having freshwater tanks my whole life, I just started my first saltwater aquarium (biocube 29). I read a couple books, pestered my LFS to death, planned for months, and now I finally started it. I just put in the LR...