Recent content by kaiya

1. K

bluespot jawfish safe w/ tiny clown?

@ cindy thanks for the info. After doing some more internet trolling, I found a post from someone who said their bsjf ate their clown goby....And my clownfish is tiny...like maybe an inch and a quarter...but more like an inch. So, I don't think i'll take the chance right now. maybe in 6mo-a...
  2. K

bluespot jawfish safe w/ tiny clown?

Anyone have any experience or has anyone found any information about bsjf eating a smaller tankmate? I just picked up a sweet snowflake clown....but he's tiny. And I have him in a critter cage in the tank just to be sure he doesn't get eaten. I have a bsjf pair. The male is big-6in. The...
  3. K

New BSJF male/female behavioural interaction observations, and a few questions

I'll get pic's up as soon as i can, but I'm working crazy 60 hrs weeks right now, so it won't be for until that subsides. As far as sexing them goes....it is pretty tough. I looked/searched for literature online over the last few years, and haven't found any definitive characteristic to...
  4. K

@SiNNer.....Thanks :) @tnwillia.....I had the male first for about 3-4 months. In that time, I tried adding a "female" 2 times, both were males, and had to return both. This last time I had a pretty good hunch it was a girl..ie smaller head/buchal cavity (sp) but it was really a crap shoot...
  5. K

anybody with a pair care to share the behavior of them? I'd really appreciate any insight!! :) Thanks!!
  6. K

Hi all, It's been ages since I've been on here. I hope everyone's bsjf are thriving!!! :) Below is a few questions, and then a play by play account of the behavior of my 2 bsjf. few questions for people who have a pair of BSJF: I'm curious how your pair behave together. Do they...
  7. K

Blue Spotted Jawfish Help

I had a pair of clowns that were going after my bsj. So I moved there anemone to the other side of the tank (away from my Blue spots burrow) and everything was fine after that. Hope it helps. :)
  8. K

What makes BSJ want to jump???

my bsjf jumped out of a tank that was completely covered about 6 mo. ago. I left the glass top pushed back after feeding in the morning, so there was about 2 in.. free for him to get out....and he did. I had company in from out of town, and 4-5 people walking back and forth from room to room...
  9. K

Blue Spot Acting strange

What's the temp in the tank? They do like cooler water...so that might be a contributing factor along with the voltage suggestion from an earlier post. Also, do you have a deep sand bed/rubble for your BS to make a home? I've found after trying to facilitate a home for them(building up...
  10. K

How to best introduce a second BSJF

Well...the new BS made a home about 7 inches away from my established blue spot(Pearl)....and after 2 days, things seemed to be fine...Pearl ignored him...but today....they must have seen each other for the first time, because they both started flaring their jaws and acting big and tough...
  11. K

Thanks for the info Teresa!! I actually just bought my 2nd yesterday, and added him. I was pretty sure he was a "he"...and he is. ...however, Pearl, my BSJF turns out is actually a he too. They didn't really see each other until today, but once they did, the jaws flaired, and they went at...
  12. K

Yeah, I hear that. I am a little low on funds myself, and not really sure if I want to take the 130$ plunge for another one right now. Especially, with "pearl" (my bsjf) doing so well right now, I am not sure i want to take the chance if it could ultimately cause problems, and possibly end up...
  13. K

Sorry to hear about your recent fish loss. I'm hoping to avoid that myself. I have a bsjf, had about a month or so, and she's doing great(i say she, but that's just a guess). I also have a bs watchmen goby, and I was actually worried it would beat up on my bsjf. However, both are existing...
  14. K

bristles and my BSJ

Thanks all for the suggestions! Yeah, an arrow crab would be nice, but I'm afraid some of my other fish would make a quick meal out of him. I built a couple home-made traps out of tupperware, which is starting to get results. I'm still curious more on the scientific front. If anyone...
  15. K

bristles and my BSJ

Hehe...yeah...reduced bristle worms would be ideal ;) The reduced feeding should help, and maybe a home-made trap, but realistically, I would probably have just as much luck extracting all the salt from the tank as I would eliminating every single bristle worm. :) For now, she seems to be...