Recent content by jtrosebud

1. J

sea cucumber not looking well

As I said EVERYTHING I have is within range. It has to be the water it's the only logical thing SO, it might be time for a new testing kit. I'm gonna bring some water to the LFS and talk to them about it. Will post more later. Oh-if He goes and he is in quarantine with the shrimp-the shrimp...
  2. J

sea cucumber not looking well

My cucumber has always been brown, smoothish and quite plump. For about a week now I have slowly watched green algae take over his back, he looks more like a pickle, like he's drying up. He was really chill for a long time and now he is everywhere, eating and eating but not getting better...
  3. J

Nano Cube DX used but NEW to me! How do I turn off light!?

Ok- so thanks so far you guys a couple of new questions despite all the research I've done. 1. All this talk about sponge/no sponge, bio-ball no bio balls, I really don't know what to do. I don't have the manual. I can't even really see how the tank filters and it's bugging me. If you are...
  4. J

Thanks! I found the switch on what I now know is a ballaster? Thanks. As far as the inverts, the sea cucumber and snails were all going to the top and I viewed them several times before I got the tank and thy all seemed to just hang around whenever. They have all settled back down today. I...
  5. J

Hi! New to Reef, need some help. Nano Cube DX 12 gallon. Can't turn light off? All the inverts are running to the top? Salinity is in check. Filter, power running, just can't figure what this on/off switch on top does. Really need help.
  6. J

Hi! I just need to know how to turn the light off. The switch on top with the straight line/circle indicating on/off I assume does nothing. How do I turn the light off? I have been searching all day!