Recent content by jjongmans

1. J

Jeff's RSM S500

I just took out the stone, a lot faster..
  2. J

Jeff's RSM S500

Got him!!
  3. J

How to catch a Mantis?

Look what I found after running this tank for 13 months.... It came out of one of my rocks. I can't really take out the rock... so what are my options?
  4. J

Jeff's RSM S500

I just found the ATI Sirius X6, which is currently my favorite, followed by the Hydra 52. The X6 is one unit big enough to cover my S500 with 78 leds and 435 Watts. The X6 is also a lot cheaper than the Radions (I live in The Netherlands), It'll cost me 1575 dollar (same for 2 Hydras) and...
  5. J

Jeff's RSM S500

What type of LEDs do you use Mike? Maybe the spectrum has something to do with it? The reason I'm interested in the Hydras / Radions is because they use more than only white and blue LEDs, also red, UV, etc.
  6. J

Jeff's RSM S500

Hi Mike, I understand. But I really would like a LED only solution, the T5's are just too expensive (electricity bill) and are generating too much heat. I underestimated the costs of running T5's and running the chiller all day during the summer. I'm fed up with the high temperature of the...
  7. J

Jeff's RSM S500

Also found the Hydra 52's. Similar to the Radion's, but cheaper and no fan problems. Steve's LEDs are a nice mod, but I'm reluctant to modify / install the LEDs myself. I read that the 'manual' needs some improvements... Also I think that an open top of the tank looks nice with modular LED...
  8. J

Jeff's RSM S500

Hi Jan, do you mean this retrofit? http://shop.stevesleds.com/Red-Sea-Max-S-Series-500-Extreme-SPS-RSM500.htm
  9. J

Jeff's RSM S500

I'm considering an LED upgrade for my S500. The electricity bill has gone through the roof and the heat from the 10xT5 lighting is a real problem in the summer. So I'm looking at the EcoTech Marine Radion Pro system to replace the 10xT5 hood of the S500. Anyone done that before?
  10. J

Jeff's RSM S500

I'm using brine brine shrimp and cyclops. And it needs feeding, because it doesn't have zooxanthellae.
  11. J

Jeff's RSM S500

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evfwJIZa8IQ
  12. J

Jeff's RSM S500

A new one:
  13. J

Jeff's RSM S500

Thanks!
  14. J

Jeff's RSM S500

Another update. Did some cleaning today, changed filtermedia, waterchange, etc. Everything is doing great, except one piece of SPS, don't know if it's dying or growing :s White tips?
  15. J

Jeff's RSM S500

I've got some Cyano patches in my tank. So I I'm trying to get rid of it: - Turned up my MP40's; more flow - Turned down my lighting; less light - And blasted the patches with the head of a plant sprayer, works great under water! All Cyano is gone (for now).