Recent content by Jim Olson

1. J

Identify Red Algae ???

Thanks for the long reply. I will just monitor and keep going. I think I'm trying to micro-manage and just need to let things go for awhile. All my livestock is doing great, I just get worried when I see the diatoms and possible cyano. I know, just relax and enjoy! LOL
  2. J

Identify Red Algae ???

Hello AGAIN folks. One corner of my tank has this reddish looking algae growing. Its been there a month but was just a small spot. Now it seems to be starting to spread. Can you guys tell what it might. There is also brown diatom outbreak going on throughout the tank. and the water is clear...
  3. J

Rose Bubble Tip not extending

Hi folks, I'm new to this and not sure about what I have going on. This Rose Tip has not extended at all since I put him in the tank. Been in tank for 5 wks. Eats fine on Silverside (mouth is closed) and seems to be growing but does not extend. Would a higher flow area be better for him? 75gal...
  4. J

New to Forum

Hello folks New here and hoping to get help and give it when I can. 75gal tank on started 8/11/17 BRS Pukani(70 lbs) Caribsea Aragonite sand Red Sea Coral Pro Salt Octo1000 HOB skimmer Aquaflow 110 with Chemi-pure Blueand Poly filter 2 Starfire led lights (with 3 channels) RODI water Blue Leg...