Recent content by jcphamer rsm

1. jcphamer rsm

MP10 in RSM 130 Power Center?

yes you can. if you do a search i remember there was a member that put it inside the power compartment.
  2. jcphamer rsm

Instruction or advice on how to remove the carbon from the cod

Hello I just wanted to know if you guys have instruction on how to remove the carbon from the rsm 130 COD? I have heard you have to remove the pump? I not sure if it just pop out or twist out? Is there a way of just reaching down and removing it? thank you john
  3. jcphamer rsm

? About Decreasing my Salinity

Hello, I check my salinity with a hydrometer. Yes i know, its not that accurate but i made a mistake of topping off water with not with fresh water but salt. So i check it and it is 1.028. Its high but not too high. I want to know what is the best way of decreasing it back to 1.026? Some...
  4. jcphamer rsm

Led Strip module - Which fits within RSM

i am also running the panorama ecoxotic module and led strip. i like those one that you posted, but i don't think any one try it yet here.
  5. jcphamer rsm

Jcp rsm 130

Thanks for the info reefmack. You know sometimes its hard to trust your LFS! I asked him how easy it is to take care of that coral and he say, you just need good light and flow and water. Anything to sale his corals i guess. Anyway good news is, i place it at a different location and it seem...
  6. jcphamer rsm

Jcp rsm 130

Can someone help me with this? My Yo Yo Coral have four heads and for the past day only 2 of them seem to open. I dont know if I am placing it to close to the other corals or something is wrong with it. I hope the other 3 heads are not dead!!! Here is a shot of it when i just put it in the...
  7. jcphamer rsm

Jcp rsm 130

Reefmack, I am using LFS bought RO salt water for the weekly water change 5% and auto top off. The previous owner have the tank for about 1 year. I am also using CPE with the Stevie T tank media. I have taken a picture of the sand so you can see. You can also see my collection cup and my...
  8. jcphamer rsm

Jcp rsm 130

Hi Catran and Reefmack here is my Hood light might. I just installed today the Ecoxotic panorama module and i have to say! WOW! Shimmering effects. The Ecoxotic stunner strips with reflector doesnt do much except for accent light. but the Panorama module is very nice and bright and have the...
  9. jcphamer rsm

Jcp rsm 130

thanks Tony! Cat i will take a picture of my hood for you today. Im getting the panorama ecoxotic install with the other 3 stunner strips already in place. I can tell you that im not really good at wiring the system. I didnt want to open the hood up because i might mess up something.
  10. jcphamer rsm

Jcp rsm 130

I was wondering if you guys can help me. My sand has been turning a little brown on the surface lately eventhough i do weekly water changes. And I do sometimes siphon some of the stuff up. I am assuming they are Diatoms algae. I do have a sand shifting starfish and some Cuc. Is there...
  11. jcphamer rsm

Jcp rsm 130

Hello ALL. I wanted to introduce myself. My name is John and i recently bought a used RSM 130 for about a 2 months now. I been reading alot of post and learning alot of info on Marine reef especially for RSM. Here are some of my Mods that i have done: I have a Tunze 9002 skimmer and...
  12. jcphamer rsm

xenia are all gone but all my other corals are thriving. why?

I bought a preowned tank about 2 month ago and it had so many xenia corals in it. However i also notice it had a lot of Aptasia and green bubble algae. I do weekly water changes and got rid of the aptasia with Red sea Aptasia X and carefully pick out the green bubble algae. I dont know whats...
  13. jcphamer rsm

Ro installing?

I sorry to ask but if i buy a Ro unit who can install this for me? Plumber?
  14. jcphamer rsm

Any tips for installing a Tunze ATO in a 130D?

Can you show me how the pump go into your 2 gallon container? Im kinda of confused about that? Does it sit inside the container? pics would be good.