Recent content by Jaeden

1. Jaeden

HI Everyone!

Welcome!!
  2. Jaeden

LA Reefs...are they still in business?

Oh I wouldn't jump down their throats at all. If I contacted them it would only be to let them know that I think they got the shipment wrong, constructive feedback. I'm content with what I got shipped even if it wasn't quite what I wanted, just tryin to be certain of the ID of what I ended up...
  3. Jaeden

Yeah I liked the way they looked too, but that's not what I was sent. I think the ones I got sent were Eagle Eyes (see my last post). Either way they are still pretty and very healthy.
  4. Jaeden

After checking out the Zoanthids once they've opened, I'm inclined to think they look more like Eagle Eyes than what LA Reef has listed/shown as Super Hero on their site. I'm not upset either way...it's still a lovely zoa. Take a look at the pics below, and see if you agree with me. (this is...
  5. Jaeden

Here are the pics as requested :) Here you can see the Ricordea (liveaquaria), the frag with the True Blues from Louis at LA Reef, and moving further around...the two miserable and tiny shrooms from Liveaquaria. They are a little upset due to superglue (they detached and wouldn't stay put so...
  6. Jaeden

Just an update on my delivery. Louis sent them as promised, they arrived this morning. The shrooms and zoa's I ordered look great, probably 4x the size of the ones I got from Fosters & Smith. One of the shoom frags came with two on it instead of just the single! Bonus! All bags were...
  7. Jaeden

Louis got back to me bright and very early this morning. Looks like they've been having some email issues, but all's well. Says my shipment should go out tomorrow.
  8. Jaeden

PM'd "LA Reefs" member, not sure if that's the Louis person you speak of. I'm still pretty new here so I'm not sure if that's the same person, but it seemed the likely contact for them on here.
  9. Jaeden

I'm New!

Hi and welcome! Craigslist was a good suggestion. 20 gallons are usually good to start with. 20 gallon because it's more shallow and the lighting doesn't cost you as much, if you want to do corals that may need better/stronger lighting. It's big enough to avoid some of the spikes in water...
  10. Jaeden

Only reason I ask is I placed an order with them this past Monday, PayPal was processed and funded, but it's been stuck in "Processing" status on their website ever since. I've tried 3 emails so far trying to get any update or a "We're still here" message...nothing. If they are out of stock on...
  11. Jaeden

My little "crumb" of a setup begins...

Well that's a tough one for me to answer, because I can come at it from two ways when I think of "maintain". My larger tanks constantly needed snails and hermits on order to replenish them, and it never looked great because I didn't have enough money to decorate up my rocks with corals...which...
  12. Jaeden

I know I'm not the first one to throw the BioCube skimmer in one of these, but does anyone know if the EcoPico LED light arm has enough room to clamp onto the back wall with that skimmer in place, AND curve up over the tank without hitting the skimmer collection container? I'd hate to spend the...
  13. Jaeden

Thanks all!
  14. Jaeden

Long time lurker finally registered

Just posted some pics and a little bit about the mods I did to the Spec so far over in Reef Chronicles. My Little "Crumb" Setup Begins
  15. Jaeden

I've had several decent sized tanks over the years, after some decent success with a 10G at my old apartment a while back, and due to the lack of space in my current house...I decided it was time to start small yet again...really small. I grabbed a 2.5G Fluval Spec and went from there. So...