Recent content by Iriejedi

1. I

Sick Cup Coral

I have a very large cup coral - it is well over 7 years old and that is just the time I have had it. It has been very hardy and has survived 3 cities and 5 tanks. Recently it has developed some 'dead' areas. everything else in my tank is thriving. I am not sure what to make of this. Old...
  2. I

Nitrate - Dead Shrimp and Lighting QUestion

No he hangs out in the corner I know where to look now - this picture set is the only time I fave seen the whole worm. Since I have no fish or coral loss I've determined he is a FireWorm and according to myu little fishy hand book they are Excellent for the tank. Great scavengers and from...
  3. I

10k to 14k switch was around last August. So far I have almost 4 years with nothing but good growth of corals as well as coraline. But I noticed they all slowed down with the 14k bulbs. This is the first hickup in a long time. Another round of water changes and a few good 'snifffs' of...
  4. I

Thank you all. I guess patients and Nitromax Marine is a virtue of a jedi. I did a fairly good cleaning of the sand bed of course that is limited to the area in front of all that rock. And another 20% water change. I'll check in the AM how the nitrate is doing. But with ammonia at near...
  5. I

30 gallon sump with typical ventury skimmer - Fluval 404 with 3 chambers of ceremic porous chunks and 1 chamber of nitrate sorb. The rest is all that live rock and 4 X 802 power heads. A phosphate reactor (now also filled with Nitrate absorbing material) (clear plastic tube with material in...
  6. I

Help me pick my lighting

CHeck out www.aquauniverse.com or www.petsupplyliqudator.com I find their prices unbeatable and they can build you what ever you want at a great price. Their bulb prices are also great! Just my 2 cents - no affiliation except I spend a ton of money there. :thumbup:
  7. I

Hi RS friends - Three quick questions- I have made a cardinal sin of putting what I was told to be cured live rock in to my tank - I mean it was colorful but a nitrate spike is under way and a water change clued my into something new - when even a small piece of the new stuff was exposed...
  8. I

Reef Lover - MBA Student needs input Please read and reply

THis is great! THANK YOU EVERYONE! This is great to get this thread up and moving - some really good ideas and things to ponder. I'm still refining my model. But the one goal is to try and keep it small at first with 2-4 clients to learn things like costs and scheduleing requirements. Like...
  9. I

Thank you for being the first person to actually reply - I really need some infor to put in the appendix to prove I sent out a survey like request. Everyone else - please drop me some numbers and answer the question - what would you be willing to pay weekly (even use comments from your...
  10. I

Have you ever wanted a Fresh water, Salt Water or Reef Aquarium - but thought it would be TOO MUCH work? What if you could have one and pay for a service so that you only have to look at it? I have an MBA project and I'm setting up a business as a Aquarium installer/Maintainer for Offices...
  11. I

iWeb and your Fish Pics

Just wanted to share! Check out the 18 inch Fire Worm! http://web.mac.com/iriejedi/iWeb/Reef%20Keepers%20Inc/Reef%20Keepers.html Have a nice day! Irie J
  12. I

MBA Project - Fish related Please Read

Hi Fellow Fish Lovers. I'm in my last quarter of an MBA program and it is time for the Business Development Plan class. I would greatly appreciate some honest answers about what you would pay for a fish tank if all you had to do was look at it, and the care, shopping, set up was done by...
  13. I

Need To Find Bulbs???????? T5ho

Pest Prices Ever!!!!! try www.petsupplyliquidator.com if NOT on the menue email them they are fairly good at custome and special request. AWESOME PRICES - hope they can help you!
  14. I

Too Much Blue?????? Advice Please

THanks for the opinions - I guess my concern was less what 'I' thought as to what years of massive coral gorwth 'thinks'. My tank is 6X2X2 feet of solid coral after years of massive propogation of various mushrooms and polyp species. While I have always wanted more blue - I'm concerned about...
  15. I

Too Much Blue?????? Advice Please

Hi There! I just upgraded my extensive lighting to add more blue to my tank 180 Gallon WELL stocked Reef http://homepage.mac.com/iriejedi/PhotoAlbum11.html I have 5 X 65 Watt 450/420nm Blue Power compacts bulbs and (new) 3 X 150 Watt HQI dbl end 14000k bulbs (originally 3 X 10,000k...