Recent content by intricateart

1. intricateart

New finds from our day at the beach

My boss is a professional photographer, he will be taking pics for me soon, but until then my camera is terrible, as evidenced by my album pics.... but soooon! :)
  2. intricateart

I used to vacation on the canadian atlantic coast when I was a kid ( I was raised in lac-des-piles, Quebec), it is a beautiful area. You just have to consol yourself with cheap lobster, crystals on the beaches, and beluga sightings lol
  3. intricateart

Went snorkling today and found 2 purple gobies, dark, royal purple, 2 'digger' gobies as we call them which are very neatly colored with awesome fins, a tube anemone, which is orange but now that its settled just looks like white tentacle in a tube. Neat shrimp, ghost shrimp sized, some bright...
  4. intricateart

Awesome hitchhiker!!

Thank you!!
  5. intricateart

Awesome hitchhiker!!

Just saw him flare out for the first time, definitely Oxynoe antillarum, sooo pretty!
  6. intricateart

Awesome hitchhiker!!

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/members/intricateart-albums-tank-picture24680-p05-13-13-19-29-3.html just saw this guy in the tank, couldn't believe it! We haven't been to the water in 2 weeks!! We also didn't get grass or other plants last time, so I do not understand how we haven't seen...
  7. intricateart

Blue and gold rabbitfish

They are, but they don't stick around. Sheepshead on the other hand you can pet (not kidding)
  8. intricateart

Blue and gold rabbitfish

We see those too! We snorkle and they dart by up at green key
  9. intricateart

Been thinking about getting a mandarin any advice?

We have a pair we got around christmas and they are doing great. Mind you we live on the gulf, but if you have enough pods that you see them all the time, you should be good. I've seen the live copepods at the store and they are expensive but healthy, and for most brands there is a little hunk...
  10. intricateart

The Odd Couple Saga continues (Pygmy Cherub and Six Lined Wrasse)

The Odd Couple has how been living together for 2 weeks and the bromance continues. They both are MUCH more comfortable in the tank now, so they don't huddle together constantly anymore in the rocks, and will go on seperate trips across the grass field. However, they always meet back, swim side...
  11. intricateart

Green mandarin - Synchiropus splendidus

I envy your camera. My mandarins breed all the time but only release about once a week. I don't have a clue how to capture the eggs though.
  12. intricateart

Six line wrasse and pygmy angel- love at first sight...

Posted some pics. We don't have a very good camera but you can start to see some of the inhabitants
  13. intricateart

Green bubble tip (and clowns)

Fortunately, all the equipment is in the refugium, so no risk of a powerhead incident lol. He moved a little but hasn't again. He likes to be stuck to something verticle. Shockingly, I bought a 3 inch bubble tip yesterday and when I woke up he was about 6 inches. I'll take it! I'm going straight...
  14. intricateart

Lowest cost and easiest way to eliminate green hair, bubble, turf and slime algae

Nudibranch? I saw one on liveaquaria that said it ate hair algae.
  15. intricateart

Green bubble tip (and clowns)

Just got a green bubble tip today, and a pair of occellaris. The clowns haven't paid it any attention, they are just swimming like mad, seeming to enjoy the open water after being in their little store tank. The bubble was suprisingly cooperative about settling almost exactly where we put him...