Recent content by imgritz

1. I

How to get rid of Hair Algae

How much was your reactor? How did you hook it up? I have enough room in my tank for 1 water pump which goes directly to my chiller. I wanted to go directly to my reactor and have the reactor output go directly to my chiller. The LFS told me I should put in a T junction to my input of my...
  2. I

How to get rid of Hair Algae

I have done everything I can to get rid of hair algae and it keeps coming back with a vengence in my 130D. I minimize my fish food. I use flakes. I change half of my water each time. I have a media bag filled with phosguard. My bulbs are new. I change my carbon monthly. I have five...
  3. I

Red Algae Blanket

Thanks guys. I'll make some changes and see what happens.
  4. I

Where do you point your nozzles?

I have the 34 gallon tank and it has two water flow nozzels. I point one sort of straight to keep the top water from being stagnant. The second I point down into the middle of the tank. The water flow seems decent. I just wonder if I am doing it correctly.
  5. I

Emerald Crab Spray

It turns out that the crab was releasing eggs. One survived an now I have a baby crab.
  6. I

Red Algae Blanket

My tank is two months old. Every day when I come home for work I see this red algae in such quantity it is like a blanket all over the sand. At night, it eventually goes away in the morning. Will this eventually go away? Is there something I can add to the tank which will eliminate...
  7. I

New tank and algae

I have about 9 snails but they usually are all over the rocks. I wish they would focus on the glass.
  8. I

New tank and algae

My tank is about 4 1/2 weeks old. Algae grows like weeds on the glass. I clean it off every night. Is it going to get better where the algae growth slows down? Do I have to buy more cleaning crew such as snails, crabs, etc?
  9. I

Emerald Crab Spray

I was looking at my tank and I saw my emerald crab look up and release this spray for about 2 seconds. There was a hermit crab above him. Was the emerald crab doing some type of offensive/defensive manuever. I read on some articles that my emerald crab may be releasing larvae into the tank...
  10. I

RSM 130D Chiller

I'm in my 3rd week of curing rocks and I realized I need to get a chiller. My house has an automated A/C with a max temp of 74 degrees but my RSM is getting up to 81 degrees. I know my livestock will fry in the summer so I have to get a chiller. I read that I have to get a 1/10 hp. But...
  11. I

Peppermint Shrimp Deaths

I am working on my cleaner crew. I bought 2 emerald crabs and 3 peppermint shrimp. I tested the waters and it was fine. I slowly introduced the invertebrates over a half hour by slowly adding water to the bag. In the morning, 2 of my peppermint shrimps were dead. I have no idea what went...