Recent content by hub81

1. hub81

Hithiker anemone need id please!!

Looks like a glass anemone also known as Aiptasia. They are kind of like the weeds of reef keeping. They can and will spread rapidly if you let them. Peppermint shrimp are known to eat them sometimes.
  2. hub81

Salinity count

Do you have any coral, fish or inverts in it? If you do I would not drop the salt level in a couple days may be a couple weeks but if nothing is in it you can drop it in one day and it will not hurt anything. But it depends on what you have. Also 1.25 is not bad you really do not want to go over...
  3. hub81

BTA help

It is doing really well now it has not moved in 8 days, it has gotten big and still appears to have two mouths. I just added a clown for it yesterday. I have been feeding it every 7 days, and today is the 7th day, I have a friend coming over for the feeding.LOL Thanks for all the info
  4. hub81

Overflowbox or siphon-overflow

I have a hang on back siphon over flow, I got it off ebay and it works great. I made my sump so that if the power did go off that it can hold enough water that it will not flood my house. I made a return chamber that only holds 4 gal of water. That way when the power comes back on it can not...
  5. hub81

Help w/ lighting for a 75 gallon tank

I got mine off Ebay for 350.00 and shipping was free. I have a 75 gal reef in progress. I have 2x250 watt MH, 4x54watt t5 blue attin. and 6 blue moons. It is all in one totals 716 watts. It has seperate plugs for all three lighting types so you can set it up on a timer. I have mine set up so...
  6. hub81

Just added LR to new tank and need ID ON coch

With out a pic it will be hard to id. Is the shell kind of in the shap of a pyramid, a lot of pyramid snails come in on live rock.
  7. hub81

BTA help

Ok that helps I don't feel near as bad. I noticed that it is now back and it looks bigger than normal. It now has two mouths. I did not notice that when I purchased it. I am thinking I might have two of them before long. That is cool, weird but really cool.
  8. hub81

BTA help

I have had my tank set up for about 6 to 7 years. I decided to get a BTA for my first anem. I was told they are one of the easiest to take care of. I am a little uneasy now. It is in the same area of the tank I put it in but has moved to a different spot. It is currently hanging upside down...
  9. hub81

Purple thing

It is a flat circle with a purple center and white dots all over it. It also has a white mouth and seems to get bigger at night. I now have three of these all in different locations in my tank. I have tried to take a couple of picks but they are so small it just doesn't come out good enough for...
  10. hub81

Mistake

Thank you for the info, I now know what to feed them, so far they are doing very well. I have started out slow only feeding once a week. They both seem to be eating, I have notice that the smaller one does not eat the same thing as the bigger one will. I have switched to liquid based food and...
  11. IMG_0624_1_

IMG_0624_1_

12. IMG_0629_1_

IMG_0629_1_

13. IMG_0623_1_

IMG_0623_1_

14. Flowerpot2-1_2_

Flowerpot2-1_2_

15. hub81

Mistake

I have had my tank up and running for about 7 years now, the water conditions are very good 0 nirites, 0 ammonia, 0 nirate, 8.4 ph, salt 1.24.5 or 33, Cal is good and mag is good. I do water changes with RO DI 6 stage every three weeks. I have plenty of light but it was the feeding I was worried...