Recent content by grantn

1. G

Grant’s Move to RSM C-250

The handyman helped me place the tank on the stand last weekend. Cool! I said he could leave but he wanted to stay and help put on the trim and the hood. I think he was having more fun putting it together than I was. Maybe he’ll go buy one of his own. Anyway, I’m looking forward to...
  2. G

October TOTM!

Congratulations! Those colors are popping. Very nice.
  3. G

Yes, it's a GoPro Hero 3+ Black. I have it on the most narrow setting and it still has a wide angle view. I like it because the colors and brightness are better than other cameras I have. I wonder if that's what my room really looks like to my fish, or if they just call it fisheye because the...
  4. G

It only took me three weeks to get this far. No one ever called me quick. But I think I picked the perfect spot, it looks like the tank will fit right in.
  5. G

Here is some of the livestock I have to move from my current tank to the C-250 as soon as I’m ready. I can’t wait. A pipe organ coral along with some mushrooms in the 120 gal before the move. Some zoa on the left. And there’s a small branching type Montipora on the sand behind the pipe...
  6. G

I rolled the tank out to the garage on a furniture dolly for a leak test because Red Sea recommended it in the manual. Filled it to within 1” and left it for ½ hour and I’m glad to say no leaks. I’m still working on the stand. Has anybody used glue on the wood dowels when building the stand...
  7. G

Sorry about that Danreef. This is my first time. Thanks Mark9 for tip. I'm new to this. I got it. Go to the link that I originally posted ( https://files.secureserver.net/0sEnjtX09XPTYA ) which has the picture in it and then use the URL from there (...
  8. G

Here is the tank after just being delivered. (see post from Mark9, a few posts down from this one ) I’ve never had a tank delivered before. I’m using my GoPro to take the pictures cause the colors always come out better. So excuse the wide angle. There’s a way to reduce that but I think it...
  9. G

Neil's Red Sea Max C-250 Journey

I like the reefscape with the two peeks . It looks natural. It would only look better covered with corals.
  10. G

Neil's Red Sea Max C-250 Journey

Love the colors of the zoas. The royal gramma is one of my favorite little fish.
  11. G

I definitely love this hobby. I’ve been in it since I was 16, 37 years, except for a few years break while I was in college. I’ve been impressed by the Red Sea tanks because everything is included and I don’t’ want to go through another custom build. Anyway, I finally pulled the trigger and...
  12. G

Downsizing

Thank you.
  13. G

Downsizing

Hi. I'm new to Reef Sanctuary , but not to the hobby. I'm redecorating and my 120 gal is not fitting in with the new arrangement. I decided I want to stay in the hobby so I'm just going to downsize instead of stopping alltogether. I'm thinking of going with a Red Sea Max 250. This Website...