Recent content by Gobynoob42

1. G

Reactor hookup questions

I was thinking of having the intake pump in the overflow chamber, then placing the output hose in the return chamber. Seems a waste to skip the skimmer and refugium stages though. Perhaps it would be better to have both intake/output in the same chamber? Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
  2. G

Hi, from Virginia! New to reefing!

It's coming together slowly! Going to buy a couple of pieces of equipment this week! Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
  3. G

Reactor hookup questions

I'm trying to figure out how to add a media reactor to my small sump. Where are they placed and how does the filtered water go into the return? Should I make a manifold? My return line is 3/4"ID braided hose. I'm looking at getting a Phosban 50. Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
  4. G

Thanks for the welcomes! Here's a recent pic of my tank! Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
  5. G

Are Top Fin tanks drill safe?

Update: topfin tanks are drillable. My LFS owner followed the above method for checking. However, the bottom glass is tempered. Thanks for all the input! Now, I need a skimmer, reactor, and lights and I'll be on my way[emoji41] Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
  6. G

success possible with HOB overflow/return?

Thanks for the sound advice! I see the potential problems with the HOB stuff. 1. Power outage, 2. Loss of siphon in overflow I'm looking into a battery backup for the power outage, https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F173143680325 How can I...
  7. G

When I get anything worth taking pics of, I'll happily share! [emoji2] Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
  8. G

success possible with HOB overflow/return?

So, I might be stuck with an undrillable 37gal tank (can't find recipt). So I'm looking into other options. I'd like to still run a sump (since I built one), and haven't heard to many good things about canister filters. I'd like to have fish and soft corals. Is there any way to get reasonably...
  9. G

Thanks! just posted my first question!
  10. G

Are Top Fin tanks drill safe?

Took my new TopFin 37gal tank to my local reef store for drilling. (Pic included, yes, it's a starter set) The owner wasn't sure if the tank was ok to drill (I think he was more concerned that I was 100% sure). I didn't see any warnings about tempered glass on the tank/box/literature. Though I...
  11. G

Hello everyone , I'm in Virginia, and finally starting my dream of owning a saltwater aquarium. I've had several fresh water tanks over the years, but I've always wanted salt. Anyways, I've been watching YouTube videos by the boat loads, and reading a couple of books. Found a nice reef...