Recent content by Fshlvr

1. Fshlvr

Used Red Sea Max 250 for sale (So Cal)

Hello everyone, I'm saddened to say, but I will be putting this hobby on hold for a while. Between going back to school and having a new baby, I simply could not keep up. I will definitely be going back in the future, with a lot more knowledge :) What I'm dealing with now is this used tank. I...
  2. Fshlvr

Jose's RSM250

Hello everyone, I'm saddened to say, but I will be putting this hobby on hold for a while. Between going back to school and having a new baby, I simply could not keep up. I will definitely be going back in the future, with a lot more knowledge :) What I'm dealing with now is this used tank. I...
  3. Fshlvr

Euroquatics E5 Retrofit T5 LED Lamps???

Still thinking about it, and highly considering it. I'm due to replace the lamps in March, so I will have to be deciding soon...
  4. Fshlvr

Euroquatics E5 Retrofit T5 LED

The payback is what I'm looking forward too, and the easiness of the whole thing. They come with a 3 year warranty also, which is why I'm highly considering.
  5. Fshlvr

Ok, I guess my question is not very clear, sorry. There are these new bulbs (check previous link by Glenn). These bulbs are LED lamps that can replace the T5s. Just like LEDs, these bulbs have a long life, etc. They just came out a few weeks ago. My question is: Are these lamps any good? And...
  6. Fshlvr

yes thank u, I know where to find them, but I'm looking to see if they work well (or if they work at all) with the RSM 250?
  7. Fshlvr

Euroquatics E5 Retrofit T5 LED

:bump:anyone?
  8. Fshlvr

Just thought I'd start a new thread. Are there new LED lamps any good? Do they work with the RSM 250? Anyone using them?
  9. Fshlvr

Jose's RSM250

Hey everyone! I haven't been here for quite a while, once again. I'm happy to say my tank is doing a lot better, I never gave up! It is time for me to replace my bulbs, but as I was searching, I came upon the "Euroquatics E5 Retrofit T5 LED Lamps." I searched other threads, but haven't found...
  10. Fshlvr

Algae! Help!

Like I said, my tank is doing a lot better, and this is what I've done: -Water changes, about 10 gallons every 5 days, trying to take out as much algae as possible. -Lights off for 2 straight days, on for 2-3 hrs then on. -Dose with MicroBacter7 by Brightwell Aquatics everyday. Hope this...
  11. Fshlvr

Algae! Help!

Happy to report that tank is looking much better. I turned lights off for 3 days and dosing, and it's looking good. However, I did have a casualty: my poor yellow tang :( I am determined to get this tank back on track though!!!
  12. Fshlvr

Algae! Help!

Hello, and thank you again for the responses, I've been able to rule out potential reasons one by one. Ultimately, phosphates is not the issue, reading was a zero when testing for phosphates. Visited my lfs and they're recommendation was to use Tech M Magnesium and MicroBacter7 to starve the...
  13. Fshlvr

Algae! Help!

Thanks for your responses! Here are my parameters: Salinity: 1.024 Ph: 8.6 Alk: 0-1.6 Nitrite: 0 Nitrate: 0 Calcium: 390 My usual WCs consist of 5 gallons once a week. For a month now I've been doing 10 gallons, and the last two weeks I've done 10 gallons/week and 5 in between. For RO/DI and...
  14. Fshlvr

Algae! Help!

Posted this to my thread, but started a new one hoping to get more help: Hello everyone! I hope I still know how to use this. I haven't been on for over a year. I need help!!! My tank has been taken over by algae (see pictures). I don't know what to do!! I've had my tank for 3 years now...
  15. Fshlvr

Jose's RSM250

Good idea, will do that, thanks!