Euroquatics E5 Retrofit T5 LED Lamps???

Fshlvr

Just thought I'd start a new thread. Are there new LED lamps any good? Do they work with the RSM 250? Anyone using them?

Fshlvr

yes thank u, I know where to find them, but I'm looking to see if they work well (or if they work at all) with the RSM 250?

bobi1956ut

Fishlvr,

I can only speak to the Current USA Orbit Pro Marine. I recently put the 36"-48" directly on top of my RSM 250 - please note I have removed the entire cover from the tank - and the LED and all of the simulated weather conditions is awesome. When placing this light directly on top of the tank I noted you don't get full coverage from front to back - if you hung them about 8 " above the tanks I think you would have full coverage but my wife said no to hanging them haha.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fshlvr

Ok, I guess my question is not very clear, sorry. There are these new bulbs (check previous link by Glenn). These bulbs are LED lamps that can replace the T5s. Just like LEDs, these bulbs have a long life, etc. They just came out a few weeks ago.

My question is: Are these lamps any good? And are they a good replacement for the existing T5 bulbs that are in the RSM? And has anyone used these lamps specifically? Thanks!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
@bobi1956ut

welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a new tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along - we love pics :)

Jose - have not seen a post on RS of anyone using them - if you given them a go, write us a review !

For anyone else interested... here a related post
http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forum/...uatics-e5-retrofit-t5-led.96298/#post-1318289

Fshlvr

Still thinking about it, and highly considering it. I'm due to replace the lamps in March, so I will have to be deciding soon...

Still thinking about it, and highly considering it. I'm due to replace the lamps in March, so I will have to be deciding soon...
Jose have you figured anything out regarding the E5's? Bought a gently used rsm250 from a friend and probably due to change lights as well, but as temp is tricky to maintain w mine I was looking into the E5's.
Hope you have luck!