Recent content by fsamir

1. F

Cost to have a company move tank?

I usually move the live stock myself and pay removalists to move the tank. It is at least one less thing to worry about. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. F

Noisy Skimmer Pump

Most people replace it with a Tunze 9002 or aquamarine turboflotor blue 500. I have the blur 500 and recommend. Cheap, silent and works. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. F

Is Jebao WP-25 too much for a RSM130?

I am wondering which one more suitable for a RSM130, a Jebao WP-10 or WP-25. Any clues?
  4. F

Do you know the RSM 130 media rack dimensions?

Hi guys, Does anyone know the exact dimensions of a rsm130 media rack? I would like to design and 3D print one. Thanks Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  5. F

Need advice on replacing RSM130 glass tank

I have already tried CLR, Lime away, thoothpaste and steel wool and even a high speed rotatory machine. None of them made a dent in the mineral deposits, apart from the rotatory tool, which gave me some new and very ugly scratches. I have already removed mineral deposits with vinegar ages ago...
  6. F

Razor blade didn't do anything either. It is big stain of a very thin layer of mineral deposits.
  7. F

I believe the scratches could easily be buffed out. Actually, the real problem are the mineral deposits. I have tried every single chemical products I could find in the forums out there and none has even made a dent on them, Vinegar, CLR, Peroxide, etc. This tank was kept empty in the garage...
  8. F

Hi everyone, I am a bit upset with the number of scratches and a lot of mineral deposits on the glass of my RSM130 and I thought about replacing it a number of times. As you know, it is curved glass which makes it quite difficult to replace with anything that is not the original glass. I...
  9. F

3D printing your aquarium parts

I have got a 3D printer for over an year now and every now and then I print something for my reef. Don't be fooled, yes it is a nice and exciting hobby, but it is also challenging. Getting something designed and printed successfully can be as complex as keeping a reef. If your planning to...
  10. F

Konyak's RMS 130

Hi Konyak, would you mind to share the sketch files of the baskets? I would like to try to slice it and 3D print it. I have been thinking about designing something very similar, but focused on a bio pellets socket in addition to the purigen socket.
  11. F

Wire cooling fan to light timer?

Yes, it is possible, but not an easy task. You would have to open up the hood and wire the cooling fan to the hood fans wiring. Alternatively you can buy another timer and save you some hassle.
  12. F

unhappy elegance coral

I have seen dozens of Elegance corals dying in the last 10 years, until I moved to Australia and had such a good surprise. The Ozzy ones are tough just like hammer heads.
  13. F

Problem with Power heads on RSM 130/130D

If you need to replace them have a look on my posts, I managed to find a cheap clone on eBay for $17.
  14. F

My review of the RSM 130D after 1 year

I have experienced all the pain you described above and yet I love my rsm 130. For a beginner or lazy guy it is a quick way to start enjoying a reef system without the setup hassle. As the aquarists starts learning it will soon realize that pretty much every component can be replaced by...
  15. F

New RSM 130D need a few ideas

In order to keep SPS I think you will have to make most of the mods you can find on the web. Definitely better lights, extra flow, better skimmer and precise temperature control. I have done all of these and I am keeping 4 SPS, 1 clam and heaps of LPS for about an year on my 130.