Recent content by Flatlander

1. Flatlander

Video - Feeding a Copperband Butterflyfish

My 2 yr. old copperband just decided my crocea,s looked yummy. He is very well fed. Loves to eat mysis from my fingers and most other frozen foods. I had just mentioned elsewhere, that he never bothered anything.:rolleyes: I spent over a day removing him and most other stuff from my...
  2. Flatlander

Time for a complete do-over

:makefun: Ohhh. Nice pants. Hmm, I think I have a pair like that. :tears:
  3. Flatlander

Time for a complete do-over

:wave: Hi Charlie Travis, I downsized a couple of times in the last few years. Both times I hated it and went back to a larger tank. :smack: Cant say why. Perhaps its always the draw of the larger tank and fish. My last was a 90 cube. Easy water changes I though, just as you...
  4. Flatlander

WOW...Its been a looong time.....

:drooool: What a beautiful aquarium. Nice colours.Just happens to be the identical size I was looking at making. I planed on running a pair of 400w bulbs though, instead of three. I see you went with no front access. How the problems with reach across the 3ft. span. My 24in. was bad...
  5. Flatlander

Tang Help, Please!

Michael, Its most likely a reaction to the toxin from dead flatworms. I have read hundreds of "exit" posts and never seen the fish suffer from the exit itself. The flatworm toxin however, is another story. The best treatment is to leave him there as you mentioned. Run lots of carbon and...
  6. Flatlander

Montanareefer's 60 Gallon Cube Tank

Hi ya Johnny :hallo: Good to see you back in buisness. Tank looks like its coming along fine.
  7. Flatlander

Jaubert Plenum

So, :drooool: , has anyone seen this publication? Have I missed it?
  8. Flatlander

OT: let see the puppies

Again Kia, with out 15yr. old weenie. :)
  9. Flatlander

OT: let see the puppies

Kia, out dobie/lab cross.
  10. Flatlander

OT: Predictions for 2005

:LOL:
  11. Flatlander

Temperatures... Canadian vs. American

Central Canada. Manitoba to be exact. I live about 100 miles north of the US/Canada border.
  12. Flatlander

Ohhhhhhhhhh, its -39 C, this morning. :D
  13. Flatlander

Its only going to -31 C here tonight. :hallo:
  14. Flatlander

Old Tank Memories

:cry1: http://reefcentral.com/totm/2001-04/
  15. Flatlander

Algae scrubber vs Refugium

I do notice more "snot" algae, when my flow is slower. There is a good thread running on Erics forum, {at RC}, regarding the use of calerpa v turf algae. Or even having calerpa type algaes in ones reef tank.