Recent content by Fearless44

1. F

LFS called this a mushroom - what is it?

Please help with the ID: zoomed out a little:
  2. F

Fearless44 RSM250 evolution

Educate me......I thought this was a blue mushroom: Here is a zoomed out pic of the 'unknown coral' that the LFS called a blue mushroom: Thanks for the help. I am trying to keep the correct names (even the scientific ones) for all my critters.
  3. F

anyone have a guess?
  4. F

I forgot to ask what the exact name of this blue mushroom. If anyone can help, it will be greatly appreciated! ID please:
  5. F

Thanks Greg!
  6. F

By far, my favorite fish. He has a favorite hole in the live rock, but is a very active fish overall. Such a neat personality. I think he swims like an eel. Here he his on a recent siesta:
  7. F

Thanks Greg. I am getting increasingly annoyed with the tiny snails that always want to climb the front tank wall - not the sides or back. I usually collect a dozen or so and re-deposit them on the back of the live rock.
  8. F

Finally caught him posing with a decent background: Is there a point in time that it becomes necessary to de-populate the tank of the CUC members? Seems all of my green hair algae is gone, and there is not much left to pick on anymore - don't want anyone to go hungry!
  9. F

Tok, when you say "siphoning back in 24L...." do you use a pump to move the water back into the DT? or is your new water bucket higher than your DT and you literally siphon back into the DT? Thanks!
  10. F

Water changes: Not to belabor this topic, but I have not found the answer to this question: How do y'all safely add the SW back to the tank - if you don't have a sump or an ATO? Poured from a 5 gallon bucket (seems like it would traumatize the tank inhabitants)? Anyone use a siphon pump...
  11. F

That little pistol shrimp has been busy all day pushing sand out of a space underneath the blue mushroom rock. The star fish will spend 2-4 days half buried in the sand, then will climb the tank wall and hang for ~ a day. Then, it falls off and buries in the sand again. Weird creature.
  12. F

I'm so stoked!!! After days of not seeing him, and almost giving up hope on the little guy............ the tiny Pistol Shrimp makes an appearance paired up with the Goby.
  13. F

My current tank at ~30 days:
  14. F

Cool, that's what I thought. The Clown is so proud of the Frogspawn; it is chasing away the snails and hermits while the other (larger) clown is stationed nearby. I wonder if they're already male/female? :snshne:
  15. F

My clownfish is hosting in the Frogspawn!!! Will this pose a problem to the Frogspawn?