Recent content by Dumpster Dave

1. Dumpster Dave

your input on what to add to my 90g

our sand bed was deeper but we've lowered it a bit as the sandsifting goby goes to TOWN with the deeper sand bed and so much was getting buried. and yup... i would have known what BTW was LOL
  2. Dumpster Dave

we aren't using a skimmer. we dont have room for a sump and we couldn't seem to get skimmers to work properly so we tried going without and doing regular watch changes and kept watching our chemistry and everything is doing great. what is DSB and BRW? i'm not sure exactly how much live rock...
  3. Dumpster Dave

thanks everyone... that's why i posted it... cause i would like to get a fish that says "HELLO" :swmfish: when you look at the tank but i won't. :cry1: everything is healthy :smirk: and doing great right now and i don't wanna screw that up by overcrowding. :crowd: as for adding more...
  4. Dumpster Dave

Hey everyone, My saltwater tank has been set up for about 9 months now. Everything is thriving and growing and doing great. :whstlr: We have bubble coral, zoanthids, two hard corals, devil's claw, mushrooms, toadstools... and a couple of anenomes. A tassel filefish, foxface, yellow tang, 4...
  5. Dumpster Dave

OT: Word Relation Game

digest
  6. Dumpster Dave

Adding Garlic?

i add a garlic i buy at the lfs... it's supposed to assist with appetite as well as increasing health... after all look how many great things it does for us when we eat it!
  7. Dumpster Dave

rearranged our salt tank today - 90g

well it's as secure as rock can be LOL but hey, he's got a gift for this sort of thing and rarely does his 'work' ever fall... nothing fell last night so that's good. he really is the GOD of rock!
  8. Dumpster Dave

here's another pic from this morning... from a different angle. hopefully you can see the caves etc better :) http://www.timelessspirit.com/images/tanks/salt2mar06.jpg
  9. Dumpster Dave

today a professional came in to do some magick to our tank. i didn't like the way it was set up and so... dale from hidden reef in abbotsford bc came over and did his magick... man he IS good. here's a link to the photo (as it's too large to post here but making it smaller looses the beauty)...
  10. Dumpster Dave

vit c and garlic

soaking it is! thanks so much... it seemed weird to me to put it in the water rather than in the food.
  11. Dumpster Dave

vit c and garlic

hi, i know we add the garlic to the food... to assist with increasing appetite and immune systems - but the vit c... do we add the drops to the water like it says on the bottle or to the food? kent marine vitamin c supplement for marine fishes and inverts
  12. 90 gallon salt

90 gallon salt

well, we've added half our cleaning crew... moved our fish over from the nano tank... and everything is doing well!
  13. Dumpster Dave

Call me crazy

ya ours is about an inch so far... but it's a brand new set up and it sure makes me happy to have a skimmer when i see how much it skims!
  14. Dumpster Dave

Call me crazy

our 125g corallife is really really quiet... don't even hear a sound from it. it's breaking in and working sooo much better now... way less bubbles!
  15. Dumpster Dave

BB comign to an END?

i like the look of the sand on the bottom... and of course the critters who care for it!