Recent content by discusdean

1. D

absence

hi all sorry about the absence but a 12 hr power cut destroyed most of my show tank and to say i got dihartened would be a huge understatement .look forward to posting some pics as i get the tank on its road to recovery
  2. D

ph crash

excuse the spelling should read before posting
  3. D

ph crash

cheers guys sorry not been on for a few days not well but just to tell you about the tank a little more the reef is 225 gallons at present with a high calcium demand due to a large amount of hard and soft corals.i do have a aqua medic 1000 reactor running usualy but stopped this when the oh...
  4. D

ph crash

hi all hope every one okay was wondering if there was anyone out there that could help me as my pride and joy 220g reef is having a moment my ph has started dropping at night to 7.45 and not getting above 7.7 -7.8 during the day have tried looking for reason but cannot see the wood for the...
  5. D

co2 gas refill

i have a 2kg bottle that i need to fill but can not am only using smALL ONES IN THE MEAN TIME AS I CAN GET THEM
  6. D

co2 gas refill

does any one out there know what is the best way to refill a 2 kg aqua medic gas bottle as no one seems to want to and am having to use really small bottles that are through away
  7. D

nautilus te

is there any one out there that could tell me if it is possible to convert a nautilus te sump skimmer into a external skimmer and if so how would be a great help have the diy skills to do but not the knowledge on how
  8. D

DIY pages and new links

pro buider / i have a new nautilus te in sump skimmer that i got in a auction it is new but was hoping it would be okay to use external(lapse of sanity)was wondering if you had any ideas as how i could convert it for external use or how i could diy it for use on a 250 gallon reef ,would...
  9. D

calcium crash

salinity level is 0.025 mag level unknown getting tested as we speak and the gigas has been in about three months and problem was not as bad as before. temp 25.c am already dosing kent liquid calcium to try and correct but not much luck.
  10. D

calcium crash

Thanks for the advice guys have bought another calcium test kit and this tests out with in 10ppm of the other which means that the calcium level is around 280 -30ppm which is still to low. the following are my test results as of twenty min ago and and would apreciate any other ideas as my last...
  11. D

calcium crash

is there any one amongst the reef nuts that could solve a mystery my wonderfull!! reef is all okay exept for a low calcium level that i just cannot maintain above 250ppm . i have a cacium reactor running 24/7 and this is pouring out 400 -450 ppm and i do regular water changes but still to no...
  12. D

plankton reactor (help)

thanks for that maybe just need to leave it a litttle longer or change the strain have looked under a micro scope and the culture is growing on but slowly
  13. D

plankton reactor (help)

would any of you reef aholics have any idea when a plankton reactor can be classed as ready to harvest as my aqua medic unit has been set up and running for two weeks and is a pale lime green soup at the moment and is not the dark rich green i was expecting .am dosing with fertiliser as directed...
  14. D

discusdean

it good to find some like minded people that are in to the same mad science as me.been keeping sw for about 10 years but avidly for about 6 so eel is about 3 years old now both good feeders and will feed by hand if in the mood .my reef is currently home to 14 species of hard coral give or take a...
  15. D

discusdean

fish only holding one snowflake moray at 18 inch,one dragon moray at 18-20 inch ,one large dog face puffer and one small dog face puffer and finally one 5 inch queen angel.had another fish only 110 gallon till last month holding a rehomed banded bamboo shark at over 24 inch but got to big and...