Recent content by dacianb

1. dacianb

RedSea Reefer 350 - and so it begins

Scroll a bit on earlier posts - I describe in details the complete build of lighting system.
  2. dacianb

and couple more
  3. dacianb

And some of the corals as today :)
  4. dacianb

Back again after a while.... As I wasnt quite happy with light distribution, I build some feets to the existing bridge in a way to adjust the position of lights on vertical until will get the "perfect" spot. Here is how tanks is today. Still have to cut down extra length of feets, but will be...
  5. dacianb

Hair Algae?

I think is rather cyano... And is due to PO4
  6. dacianb

How does food equate to health

Thanks Paul, I never used quarantine, never lost a fish due to disease, but I always have at least 14 types of food (fresh, frozen, dried and flakes / pellets and various algaes) - so my fishes eats same food every 2 weeks. I made it without a scientific reason, but you confirmed now. Still, I...
  7. dacianb

A quick phone picture with the 2 modules installed over tank. Even if light is uniform, if corals grow too large there may hit the shadow cones. So I ordered some 25 cm feets for the light ramps to rise the module higher. Also due to high flow in tank, now waves are few mm under the lights and...
  8. dacianb

HELP! New guy

2 small sized clowns will pair most probably. Other fishes probably not. Damselfishes can be extremely aggressive even in bigger tanks and against much larger fishes. Royal grammas are great colored and can live in small tanks. Small blennies - are also cute and great for small tanks Snails...
  9. dacianb

Another big improvement for my tank this weekend was to add more flow - a lot more flow :) Right now I have installed 2 x Jebao RW8 - 8000l/h (but tuned to low speed for the moment) + 2 x Sicce Nano 2000l/h and the return pump of another 4000 l/h giving me a total of 85-90X circulation / hour...
  10. dacianb

Finally a weekend with a lot of free time, so I worked hard on the lights and are almost finalized (actually works great above tank already, but I still mis the top covers (to hide electronics), but is just a visual detail, not a functional one. Still the lights are using only half of the...
  11. dacianb

PH question

I have 2 different tests for PH - always one shows me 7.8 and the other 8.2 - basically I have no idea what PH is in my tank, but as long as is not changing I am happy and my corals are happy.
  12. dacianb

I went a bit further, in first pic are the 3 thermal switches mounted - the 2x blue ones will shut down the lights when sensors get to 60°C and the black one on top is the fan start/stop system (fan on at 50°C and off at 30C°). Heatsinks and sensors are not aligned / screws not tightened yet...
  13. dacianb

Of course my wife had different weekend plans than me, so not too much time to work on lights, but still enough time to do tank maintenance, buy 2 nice corals :) and solder 64 LEDs on 4 boards. Tested and works great. All 4 boards are the same, on each light module will use 2, solving channel...
  14. dacianb

Water clarity issue with my C-130

sand blown away by pumps? If sand granulation is too small for your pumps such will happen. Try to adjust pumps a bit towards surface and see what is happening.
  15. dacianb

Power boards finalized. Theoretically this week-end I can start the lights (at least with half of leds mounted, as I still miss some leds) Here is one of the boards.