Recent content by cyychan

1. cyychan

Baby Seahorse Update...

I believe my kudas and tiger tails are likely to have been wild caught. I bought them from the local aquatic shops, although to their credit, I do believe they are good people. These were my earliest taste of seahorses, and they only lasted a couple of months each time. Even my first reidi was...
  2. cyychan

Baby Seahorse Update...

So are you saying that they all had birth defect?
  3. cyychan

Baby Seahorse Update...

I am no expert, just been keeping seahorses in the last year after the first year of reef keeping. This is my third pair of seahorses, but is the first pair of H. Reidi. The previous ones were H. kuda, then tiger tails. I think the babies simply gulp air, being unable to control their own...
  4. H. reidi pair and babies

H. reidi pair and babies

5. H. reidi pair and babies

H. reidi pair and babies

6. H. reidi pair and babies

H. reidi pair and babies

7. H. reidi pair and babies

H. reidi pair and babies

8. H. reidi pair and babies

H. reidi pair and babies

9. H. reidi pair and babies

H. reidi pair and babies

10. cyychan

75gal Seagrass/macro Pipefish tank.

Hi D3monic, it is such a beautiful set up! I only have a 24 gallon nano tank, and have a pair of H. reidi, a pair of banded pipefish, a mandarin and snails... A small gorgonian and xenia. Lots of macros, although I accidentally trimmed too much last few days I have a wait a bit before it will...
  11. cyychan

Baby Seahorse Update...

I have just had the same experience. My male Reidi gave birth 4 days ago while we were out, so I only managed to catch what I saw after, which came to about 40 babies. I put them in a rearing tank which goes into the parents' tank, with slits to allow communication of the water. I think I saw...
  12. cyychan

Will I be able to keep a pipe fish?

My tank contains a pair of H. reidi, a pair of banded pipefish, a mandarin and snails. They love the macros which I keep trimming down every other week. I only have a small gorgonian and xenia as far as coral goes. This set up seems to work well, with the mandarin and snails picking up left overs.
  13. cyychan

H. Reidi seahorse

Hi, you have a great pair of Reidi. The pictures and videos are very good. I wonder if you would give a summary on your experience in raising the Reidi fry. My pair of Reidi just had their first batch of babies a few days ago, but unfortunately as I find myself limited in space and time, I have...
  14. cyychan

happy to be a member

I have uploaded a picture as attachment to my last reply, I don't know where it has gone.:banghead:
  15. cyychan

happy to be a member

I have uploaded a picture as attachment to my last reply, I don't know where it has gone.