Recent content by captivereefs

1. captivereefs

Captivereefs inwall 327!!

I lifted the tank into the opening this weekend. It took 8 partially drunk guys to do it! I will snap a pic this week.
  2. captivereefs

will do. It's going to be a slow progression though since 2 kids are sucking up my money faster then i can earn it!
  3. captivereefs

the tank still sits on the floor. I just need more time and money! to get it up and running. You can see my new rec room has quickly been over run by kid stuff. A rummage sale is coming next month to clean out the old toys and raise money for the tank!!! You can see in the one shot the...
  4. captivereefs

Chillers!!

pacific coast are great units! I have never had a complaint about them yet! If you need a larger pacific coast 1 or 2 HP model shoot me a PM for the price.
  5. captivereefs

My Skimmer But Might Go With Euro Reef

My wife would skin me alive if i set a collection cup full of skimate on the counter!!!
  6. captivereefs

My Skimmer But Might Go With Euro Reef

Not sure kinda looks like a PM but there is an airstone ion there so its hard to say? If you want a euroreef look at the ASM skimmers first. THey use the same pump and skim the same for alot less money.
  7. captivereefs

Which RO/DI Unit?

i use and recomend the AquaFx units. They are made in the USA and come with alot of good standard features like TDS meter, Autoshut off valve, aluminum brackets and pressure gauge.
  8. captivereefs

CPR or Remora

the remoras with the maxi jet are pretty quiet once they break in. The bak paks always have that gurgling air venturi intake noise.
  9. captivereefs

CPR or Remora

The remora also requires alot less cleaning and maintenence. The venturi on the bak pak will clog monthly with salt creep.
  10. captivereefs

Captive Reefs

Her name is sloane. Hey witfull that made me laugh out loud!
  11. captivereefs

Captive Reefs

here is a pic of her the day we brought her home.
  12. captivereefs

Captive Reefs

That big tank is still on the floor collecting dust. It is the busy season right now so i have no time for much! Plus my wife had our second baby (girl) 2 weeks ago so i am stretched thin timewise! Thanks for the compliments guys they do mean alot!
  13. captivereefs

Combination lights

take a look at the coralife aqualight pro. It has everything you mentioned above and is well under $1000. I have had no complaints from the 20 or so i sold this year. THe aquamedics are nice as well.
  14. captivereefs

Captive Reefs

Glad could help!
  15. captivereefs

chiller???

I like the pacific coast 1/10. It pulled one of my local customers 180 down from 92 to 78 without a problem. They are very reliable as well.