Recent content by Borg11

1. B

Instant Ocean very high kh

Rgfast - Actually I have brought my water sample down to the LFS last week to have him double check my water. It all checked out. I have now bought two new test kits today and they are testing the same. I know something isn't adding up. I am seriously frustrated. I just want to fix it and it...
  2. B

Thanks for that website. Unfortunately it isn't easy for me to get most of those salt brands. Our closest LFS is an hour away and only sells instant ocean. So today I drove down there, picked up some of their RODI water and brought it home for a water change. I tested that water first and there...
  3. B

Thanks for all the information. I am not trying to blame any problems on salt mixes. I have used IO for as long as my tank has been going. I am just trying to figure out what is going wrong. I took water samples down to the fish store and he got the same results. He did say that IO had changed...
  4. B

I tested my well water and have many times. Our water is very soft and just below neutral. That was the first thing I tested. Also it's a shallow well so not as many minerals etc. I definitely understand where you're coming from. Like I said though it just happened so fast. We have never had any...
  5. B

Thanks for the reply. No I don't dose anything if I don't need to. I check my parameters and dose accordingly. I don't use RODI water because I am on a well and have never had a problem. I honestly don't know how it got that high that quickly. That's why I am so confused. Borg
  6. B

Hi All, Just wondering if anyone else has had problems with the salt mix. We have had our tank for 16 months and everything was thriving. Water parameters were always great, corals were growing and healthy. About 3 weeks ago the finger leather and the toadstool started to droop. I thought they...
  7. B

Red tentacles

Thanks for the id everyone. So I take it that this one's a keeper?
  8. B

Red tentacles

This thing just appeared about two weeks ago. At first I thought it was a bunch of worms, but they are all connected to a common base. It moves along under the sand and the tentacles stretch up to two to three inches in length up the live rock. It definitely moves around and I've seen it eat...
  9. B

Cute hitchhiker crab

Thanks for all the input everybody. CAE members I know you always have the reefers (not crabs ) best interests at heart. I will be watching it very closely. So far it is very tiny and does not seem interested in any corals. It moves very slowly and will be easy to take out if I need to and I...
  10. B

Cute hitchhiker crab

Another pic with the polyp on it. Not a great picture but gives an idea.
  11. B

Cute hitchhiker crab

Hi, Just posting this to see if anyone has seen this little guy before. It is very small (about three eights of an inch) and round. It has had four different "outfits" on since we noticed it. It moves around very slowly and methodically and doesn't seem to disturb anything. It is always out in...
  12. B

Look like urchins but don't move

Seafansar, Yes, that's what it is. I have now noticed another one higher on the rock under an overhang. I have seen them eat now. It's pretty cool. Thanks for solving this mystery!
  13. B

cbrownfish, What about soda water? That was what was suggested to me. Take the rock out and pour soda water into the cave over a bucket. Do you know if soda water would affect anything?
  14. B

All I can get is a head on view of it because of it's position in the tank. The rock that it is on is right out in front and and is easily accessable. One of the reasons that I am trying to id the species is because the rock also has a small mantis shrimp living in it. I want to get it out, but...
  15. B

Hi cbrownfish, I went and tried what you suggested. I have a magnifying glass which I looked through while I touched the creature. It does not close up and it is hard to the touch.