Recent content by Bongo Shrimp

1. Bongo Shrimp

How to Fight Back When Your Photo is Stolen—The Volatile Deceiver at Getahugetank.com

Re: How to Fight Back When Your Photo is Stolen—The Volatile Deceiver at Getahugetank Yes, you can legally put a © on any photo you took without owning an actual copyright.
  2. Bongo Shrimp

How to Fight Back When Your Photo is Stolen—The Volatile Deceiver at Getahugetank.com

I recently found that my photograph of a Pearlscale Butterfly fish was being used for retail sales on Getahugetank.com without my permission. It had been taken from my Flickr Portfolio. This happens from time to time and when it does, my lawyer or I contact the culprit to notify them that they...
  3. Bongo Shrimp

rhizo coral

Right.
  4. Bongo Shrimp

rhizo coral

Where are you guys getting this? Rhizotrochus typus is neither endangered or threatened or or even suspected of being in trouble. Countries either let it be exported or not. They have quotas each year not only from 2002.
  5. Bongo Shrimp

rhizo coral

You guys should do your research before making claims like this and flaming vendors. Here is an article which uses a query to the United States Fisheries and Wildlife Service in which it is explained how most rhizo corals are legally imported. There is nothing wrong with buying, owning or...
  6. Bongo Shrimp

rhizo coral

This is so not true and has been discussed so many times. Many of the rhizos coming in now are from aussie and are legal to collect. Only those from japan would be illegal.
  7. Bongo Shrimp

New video of Joe the Pom Pom Crab!

Some people say no because there's always a chance something could happen. But generally they are reef safe. They will certainly not hurt coral but I'm pretty sure they are opportunistic and given the chance would eat something they shouldn't. Normally though they just use their news to mop...
  8. Bongo Shrimp

Thanks guys!
  9. Bongo Shrimp

I haven't had any for a while. My LFS closed two years ago and therefore my steady supply of free (nearby) asterina stars is gone as well. I had the remaining ones for a year or so (and I kept feeding them) but I just have not gotten any more since. I don't want to get them and not be able to...
  10. Bongo Shrimp

Woooh! Finally got Joe on camera! Feeding Joe the Pom Pom Crab - YouTube
  11. Bongo Shrimp

Japanese Rhizo Coral For Sale ~~~~~~~~RARE~~~~~~~~~~ 30+ LPS for sale

True but not not all are illegal. Rhizotrochus Typus
  12. Bongo Shrimp

I do have documentation for the more important corals. I have a CITES for my Archohelia redivia. I also had one for for a west african colangia but sold it with the coral recently. Actually most rhizos come from Australia. I mean there's no way to know if yours was really from japan without...
  13. Bongo Shrimp

Do you have any documentation to verify that it is from japan? If so I may be quite interested. And can you budge on the price? Usually these go for a little less.