Recent content by Blackness

1. Blackness

Purigen

there is a company that just came out with an internal filter/protein skimmer. It looks like a reef ready compartment in the tank but the tank isn't drilled. They make sizes up to 300 gallons. I get the name at work in a couole days after i get better from this bronchittis. The company keeps...
  2. Blackness

Leather Bumps

Also add Iodine to remove the mucus on a growing leather
  3. Blackness

Active Carbon

I use a product called chemi pure It's an ion resin
  4. Blackness

DSB spin-off

what type of lighting r u planning to use? What about water movement in the tank? any filters or just the sand bed?
  5. Blackness

Weird Hitchiker

a good way to keep the star population down is getting harliquin shrimp they eat them. plus the beautiful
  6. Blackness

Aptasia Anemone

We use joe's juice at the store plus recomend it to customers. I say 90% it's effective. The only time I've heard problems is when the solution is squirted on a coral or a shrimp directly.
  7. Blackness

Tank cleaning

It's not that but you need to do a water change or clean you filter not both at the same time. if you do a water change wait a week or two to clean the filter. That will let some of the bacteria grow back.Also do you have live rock in the tank if so how much?
  8. Blackness

Tank cleaning

What happened was that your tap water had a lot of phos. in it. The major problem is that you did a large water change and removed alot of biological from your filter. That can cause amonia and nitrite problems which can kill your fish and corals. The best way to test your water is to go up to...
  9. Blackness

12 gallon Nano cube with new filtration

witful scared for the steelers
  10. Blackness

Mps what supplier are u getting from? My work has been looking for them and we haven't found that are suppliers have them yet.
  11. Blackness

Alkalinty dropping all the time.

Yes Master Jedi Witful
  12. Blackness

Scooter, Wait a little longer and get the new nano tank from Current, all the tanks come with a 70 watt mh.
  13. Blackness

Alkalinty dropping all the time.

I just can't respect the steelers no matter how bad the eagles are playing.
  14. Blackness

What The!!

It just a straight worm. Can you anymore discription of it. Did it have a crazy head with tenticule maybe like a medusa worm? Possible a large brissel worm that got to your shrimp right after he molted? Any more info you can give, so I can possible look it up in some of our I.D. books at work.
  15. Blackness

Storing Tank In Cold Weather

Cougra is right. I had 2, 50 gallon tanks and a 45 in a room with no heat, kind of like a garage. I gave the 2, 50's to friend. He filled them up out side of his house with a garden hose. One cracked across the whole back pane of glass. The other tank the front pane popped out of the tank. Thats...