Recent content by BigReepher

1. BigReepher

Louisville tank has to go.

I'm moving and the tank has to go. I have a variety miliporas, acros, live rock, some zoas and rics for sale. I'll sell frags or the whole colony. If you live near Louisville and your in the market for some corals, then you owe it to yourself to come see what I have. Whatever the locals don't...
  2. BigReepher

Xlayedoutx 60g cube

:drool: Very nice, looking forward to seeing some pics.
  3. BigReepher

OT: Word Relation Game

Pete Rose
  4. BigReepher

OT: What does your screen name mean & why did you pick it?

Obvious reasons and I prepher ph.
  5. BigReepher

Brooklynella???

It does appear to be brook, it is highly contagious amongst clownfish. Formalin has been known to work and I've used it successfully. I would probably try to catch any other clowns and give them a dip. Check water parameters and make any changes slowly. The formalin dip should be done as...
  6. BigReepher

Bubble Algea!!!!!!

Foxface rabbitfish is another alternative. They are slightly venomous and some have been known to pick at LPS and zoas. I've also seen a few vlamingi tang eat it.
  7. BigReepher

Soda war

BIG RED is a cream soda and doesn't taste anything like the gum, thank goodness.
  8. BigReepher

OT: LFS on Good Morning America

For those of you that don't know, I work at one of the premier pet shops in the Kentuckiana area. Sandy's Pet Shop. Okay enough modesty it's the best pet shop for hundereds of miles. I'm not say that because I work there, it really is. We've set the bar so high that most places around have...
  9. BigReepher

Soda war

BIG RED for me. Most of the U.S. doesn't have Big Red but oh man is it good. If you're ever in the Louisville, KY area there are two things you should check out. BIG RED and Sandy's Pet Shop.
  10. BigReepher

Ora

Basically because they aren't wild caught fish and they tend to have a better survival rating. Same with their frags. ORA also has more overhead than nature.
  11. BigReepher

Woooooo Hoooooo Caviar anyone??

Gratz! Making an artificial longspine urchin will give the newly hatched eggs a place to hide and keep them from the mouths of other fish. Using a ball of two part epoxy, often used when fragging corals, place skewers or broom clippings into the epoxy to simulate the longspines of the urchin...
  12. BigReepher

Powder Blue Tang

After watching this Powder Blue Tang for the last 3 weeks at the LFS, where I work, I decided he was too good to pass up. He eats everything I've thrown at him and looks as healthy as can be. I added him to the tank today and he seems to be enjoying himself. Just thought I share my excitement...
  13. PBTang

PBTang

Powder Blue Tang
  14. BigReepher

NEw Guy with New Venture

Pros and Cons: Reef tanks are kinda like women, beautiful and expensive. The sand, liverock, good skimmer and lots of light approach works very well. Clown fish are very reef safe and a pair should do nicely in the 20 your wanting to put in your sons room. As for recommendation, I'm like most...
  15. BigReepher

Thanks for the kind words Paulyray, it's nice to hear. I was a long time customer of Sandy's pet shop before becoming an employee. After years of hating my job in the printing industry I decided I wanted to seek out a job in something I love. So far it's been bitter sweet, I'm makin a quarter of...