Recent content by Aqua Pro

1. A

Algae Problem!

I usually try to use plant to outgrow the algae such as in this tank, Aqua Pro Builder - Award Winning FW Planted Tank/Wingo_Ecosystem_20G_Extra_Tall Java moss is one, the other one floating on the top is two, there are more types we can use but you just have to find out there characteristic...
  2. A

Pictures of my new arrivals

sometimes, but usually only when they are wounded or first introduced.
  3. A

WTS: Tunze Wave Maker 6212

Dropping price to $450
  4. A

WTS Leftovers of LEDs and PC ballast for nanos

No. 4 Sold Testimonial in the following link post #32 I can still order more in a group buy if you still need them.
  5. A

Fed up with salt water

The fish do not need light to survive. They only need very little to see their food. In a fish only tank, light is for you to see them, so chose just the right amount and color that suit your taste. Fish cannot see in red light, so you may also consider a RED spy light(so that you can spy...
  6. A

LED Spy Light DIY Made Easy

I can make blue ones for you as well, if that's what you mean. As for DIY, blue ones must be inline with a resistor in order to get more light out them without burning the LED. Without a spec of the LED from the supplier, you are out of luck. Sometimes an engineering guess would be workable...
  7. A

Lighting

Since you are using power filter make sure the water don't splash that much. I use custom made LEDs and this give even more flexibility in the combination-they last virtually forever. My results are no less than MH if not better. :bluenod: But you just have to shell out a bunch(may be your...
  8. A

WTS: Tunze Wave Maker 6212

Wave maker 6212 $480
  9. A

Shrimp Larvae Trap

So finally how does it work? Does it work like your diagram or something else?
  10. A

what does eggcrate cost?

~$10 in New York City
  11. A

vodka use in tanks??

I am indifferent to using it or not because it does not seem to me morally offensive to do so. It is green; it is a recycleable food source for some organism in our system. I think the key to success or failure in this dosing is whether we can find proper dosage and achieve a balance...
  12. A

Taro 2ft planted tank

Those are my early R&D phase. I placed those 5mm ones to test(literally, cover the whole top), check this comparison link. So sad I don't know how to take a proper pic so you cannot really see much out from it. Take note of post #20, you can compare <15W LED vs 72W fluorescent. in a 20G...
  13. A

LED Spy Light DIY Made Easy

Well I can make it for you but what you have for trade? Where are you located? I am from NY and if you ever pass by, I can even show how it can be done.
  14. A

Taro 2ft planted tank

Well I like to use LEDs for my tanks and so the WPG does not apply at all:bouncer: I really like your shrimps. I used to have them in a 20G for over a year but so sad I put 2 cichlids in(I know this will come but just cannot resist the temptation) and you know it-the shrimps become meals.
  15. A

Too many holes?

If you are going barebottom and will use starboard on the bottom, have you considered a network of PVC and plumb to one bigger hole? That is do the plumbing mostly in the tank rather outside the tank.