Recent content by aprime11b

1. A

lesser electric stingray with my bamboo shark?

http://daytona.craigslist.org/fuo/3938816131.html what do you guys think? worth getting? expensive? I never heard of these on the market..
  2. A

lesser electric stingray?

http://daytona.craigslist.org/fuo/3938816131.html what do you guys think? worth getting? expensive? I never heard of these on the market..
  3. A

my 2 month old 225g

I had to leave for training and the wife has trouble taking care of things, there was a big algae outbreak worst than cyclying it... I am battling it now and had to clean all powerheads/lights and the sand and LR is covered in bad stuff.... no fish died though...
  4. A

my 2 month old 225g

Thanks. Ill try it!
  5. A

coraline algae

Thanks. If you saw my stock, I am pretty heavy with the 13 fish in there.. especially my young bamboo.. That is why I do not go with 2lbs per gallon or even move more rock from the fuge or sump into the DT. I am sitting at 220g approx. So I am just trying to give the fish and shark enough space...
  6. A

coraline algae

Thanks, so I just put img before and after with brackets?
  7. A

coraline algae

Thanks
  8. A

coraline algae

Thats what i did the first post and they were small.boxes and did.not show the image. Not sure why
  9. A

coraline algae

201_zpsdc954dde.jpg Photo by Brian_Shleifer | Photobucket 171_zps1133dee6.jpg Photo by Brian_Shleifer | Photobucket not sure why they didnt work, I posted URL.
  10. A

coraline algae

here, bad photos taken from iPad... Shows DT, you can kinda see brown algae on back and the stand, (left to right, holding tank for ATO, food and chemicals, sump and fuge) sorry its so messy... Guess thats why we have a stand..
  11. A

coraline algae

Well the abck of the tank is paint blue and looks very nice when it is clean. It already had some coraline and other hard stuff formed on the back and overflows when I bought the tank... Since then, it did its cycle and there is hard brown algae, not sure what it is, maybe old diatoms or...
  12. A

coraline algae

Its a brand new test kit. And thanks, glad you think so! It it slowly coming together but as we all know it takes time.. I think I posted some photos in my into post.. I will try to post some more soon.. I was mainly curious about the coraline algae. I just hope it does not take over my class. I...
  13. A

coraline algae

yes I use the API master test kit (liquids) in test tubes... I agree they are sometimes hard to read but I feel like its closer to the .25... Dang, maybe it is 0!
  14. A

coraline algae

I know its high thats why I been doing weekly water changes instead of bi-weekly. its a 220g, 72''x24''x31'', 120 lbs LR in DT, 50 lbs LR in sump and 50 lbs LR/rubble in refuge. Sump is 40g with LR, filter sock and foam blocks that get cleaned every week, protein skimmer, phosban reactor and GFO...
  15. A

coraline algae

I have pulsing xenia, green star polyps, finger coral, leather coral and a red mushoom. thats all... and I use instant ocean.. Been doing 10% water change every week to help bring down the .25 ammonia but not working..