Recent content by Alan16ac

1. A

Both circulation pumps have died :(

Red Sea Max replaced mine for me with the Sicce upgrade 1550 lph pump. I use this and a Tunze 6015 now.
  2. A

Topless RSM 130D- How to hang LED? Ocean Revive Arctic

Yeah check out my thread. I've just hung mine from a mounting bracket that sits on the rim.
  3. A

Hoodless Red Sea Max 130D?

It's done, I'm hoodless!
  4. A

Thanks. I've ordered a unit, and mounting bracket that sits on the tank rim. Not sure if it'll fit on the RSM though. I've ordered the inTank cover to hide the back too.
  5. A

Reefers 130D

Looks great. How have you mounted your LED unit, is it hanging from the ceiling?
  6. A

Forgot about this thread. I'm ordering from a company here in the UK, that modifies chinese LEDs. They get some great reviews, full spectrum lights. Controllable from my iPhone or iPad which I like. Would love to see some pics of hoodless RSMs if anyone has any. I planned on mounting on the rim...
  7. A

How Much Flow?

Yeah, the flow does seem a but much fore the torch. I've turned off the lower powered pump and left the new one and the Tunze on. I tried pointing them towards each other but the polyps were flying round rather violently, so I've, after a bit of adjusting, got them in a way that the polyps on...
  8. A

How Much Flow?

Hey all! Wondering how much is too much flow. One of my standard pumps failed whilst under warranty, so Red Sea sent me the Sicce upgrade pump to replace it. Very kind of them. I installed it today, and I left the one old working pump in there. So I now have a 1550lph (387.5gph) Sicce pump, a...
  9. A

Anybody gone hoodless? Seriously thinking of upgrading to an LED unit and going hoodless... Anyone else done this or have any advice?
  10. A

Glass Algae Problems.

Didn't think of that. Will try that next time. I usually do a 25litre change every week. Tank is 130. So this weekend I've changed 50 litres. Should be okay? I hope.
  11. A

Glass Algae Problems.

I've just done another water change (only did one yesterday) to try ans siphon loads out and look at the bucket!
  12. A

Glass Algae Problems.

Okay thanks. It's not direct sunlight, but it does receive a lot of light. I had another issue with some brown algae. Couldn't post a pic here due to low post count. But I've just been informed it's not brown algae, it's actually a flatworm infestation. They're everywhere. Might open another...
  13. A

Glass Algae Problems.

I have constant issues with Algae on my glass. It's really annoying. A small film seems to build in only one day. It needs cleaning near enough every other day to give a clear view of the tank. If I left it a week, it gets completely green. I've reduced my lit hours to 7 a day. I only feed...
  14. A

Noisy Fans!

Thanks for the replies. It's my mum that it's bothering, I can live with it. Will set up a tank thread! :)
  15. A

Noisy Fans!

Hey all. Just taken my first step into marine/reef keeping and bought myself a Red Sea Max130D. I've just turned the lights on and the fan is rather loud! Is this normal for these, and is there something I can do to quieten it, or is mine possibly faulty? Thanks!