Recent content by Acanman

1. Acanman

Four AI vegas for sale

Four vega light fixtures purchased in May. New condition. Mounting kit included. Also included is vega controller and Director. Rails and Sol mounting kit also included. I just put on craigslist. Im in South Florida. Prefer local transaction but would consider shipping. Asking 2000.
  2. Acanman

Why Red Sea is not currently using LED's in MAX aquariums

Thanks! I had same issue with moonlights. I added a couple TrueLumen actic led strips. Just double sided tape to the reflectorpan--theres about in inch of space in between each bulb u can place the strips. Works amazingly
  3. Acanman

Thanks Kev. I do miss that tank. Biggest mistake i made was ripping out the T5s for LeDs. Ironically i will be ditching my LeDs for T5s on the new tank this time around :) I was very suspicious with LeD lighting when RedSea came out with the S series tanks and stoodfast with T5s. And now i can...
  4. Acanman

I owned a rsm250 for 3 years and loved it. I grew sps like magic. I recently graduated to my dream tank. 180 gal custom. Spared no expense. Four aquaillumination vega led units for lighting. After 6 months i can say without a doubt these lights pale in comparison to T5 lighting. Corals are...
  5. Acanman

Seeking guidance on use of Red Sea coral care program

I just started the program. Began with the reef energy parts A and B and doing away with ALL corals foods/supplements like phytoplankton, reef snow etc...only be like 3 weeks. Gonna graduate to introducing the 4 part reef colors and the NO3-PO4x soon after. watch the 6 part video series on...
  6. Acanman

InTank Media Basket

If i had to do it over again i would have kept the ceramic rings. My tank always was at its best when i had nitrate levels around 1. At zero i seem to have some sps bleaching. Phos levels like to climb when im holding zero nitrates
  7. Acanman

Fish food, NOPOX, and Phosphates

Theres a great thread in this forum about the skimmer and optimizing its performance. I noticed you mentioned your water levels were correct in all the chambers though. Thats usually the biggest and easily corrected issue i think. 3-4 lines from top worked best for me. Having an ATO was prolly...
  8. Acanman

Red sea reef care program

Ive been using reef energy for 2 weeks now. Dumped all the reef snow, phytoplankton, etc etc... Tank doing well. Dont see a difference but i was monitoring for damage or death. If things stay same for another 2 weeks i will change over to the reef foundation 3 part and reef colors. Will start...
  9. Acanman

Test kits arrrrrrhhhhggg!!!!

Looks like a misplaced decimal point...like for salifert, your supposed to divide the color matched number by 10 i think...so if result is 20 its actually 2. red sea test kit is pretty on point id trust the results
  10. Acanman

Well I'm moving!

Didnt you just do that big lighting upgrade?
  11. Acanman

Well I'm moving!

Craigslist
  12. Acanman

Red Sea Test Kits

I used to swear by the hanna phos checker. Until i decided to run the test 10 times with the same water sample. Got 3 diff results. I used the red sea and salifert kits and got diff result. I now use red sea only. Id rather be the judge of the color match myself.
  13. Acanman

Red Sea Test Kits

Same here
  14. Acanman

Thats great info thanks! I was reading all the red sea program stuff and it kept saying over and over you need to have a specific phos and nitrate value and to achieve this the no3phos4 is the best vehicle to get u there. This is why im kinda goin slow. Start out with some reef energy and see...
  15. Acanman

I was very very close to getting the entire program. I almost clicked BUY. but in the end i decided to start slow and proceed with caution. So im going to cut all the junkfood ive been pouring into my tanks over the years and trust what the red sea scientists are saying. The literature does...