New Queen Trigger pics

barbianj

I used my son's Canan 20D to take a few shots of the Queen. This fish has moved all of the rock in the tank. Even pieces that I thought were too heavy. He can also move a huge amount of sand in a days time. I can never tell what the tank will look like when I come home from work. This fish has a ton of personality. I may try to add some tankmates in the coming year. Maybe.

IMG_9465R.JPG

The snail shell under the trigger houses a blue legged hermit. I can't believe he is still alive.
IMG_9462R.JPG

A little rock rearranging
IMG_9486R.JPG

IMG_9487R.JPG

IMG_9478R.JPG

IMG_9476R.JPG

Reddog170

Good looking fish there. It seams to rather enjoy rearranging. Have a feeling that when things are just the way it wants things then it will slow down. That is really a cool fish, love the color, Shaun

barbianj

Thanks. I think he is about 9-10" now. He has been growing very fast since he has been eating NLS pellets. He also gets a combination of clams, scallops, squid, and smelt. I found out that you can by a frozen paella mix at the grocery store, which is very convenient.

barbianj

Thanks for the comments. Here is a full tank shot, with granite side panels. Not quite finished with it.

aceman90567, there are no other fish in with her, and she will get much bigger.

IMG_6223R.jpg

barbianj

Thanks. I don't have any plans right now, but I have been thinking about a lunar wrasse and possibly a humu humu, or a larger niger. I don't have another salt tank running to QT or to put the fish in if things don't work out. I had a volitans lion with her at one point, but I didn't know at that time that some triggers kill lionfish. That went bad. The trigger would have killed the lion if I had not taken him out in time. For now, I'm content with just the trigger.

barbianj

The tank is a 125. The rock and water is fine for one fish, for now.

I am selling my piranhas in my other 125, and plan on putting both 125's on a 100 gallon sump in my basement.

camell

how many live rock ? only the live rock = biological filter?
please tell more about the filtration in this trigger tank!!!!

great fishh!!!!!

bye

michael_cb_125

I love Queens. When Megan and I free Dive in the Keys we see them all the time. They are such sweet fish. But, I have had them get too "playful" underwater. And those "beaks" can take a finger off.

great pics of a beautiful fish.
~Michael

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
How did I miss this! Beautiful fish and my favorite Trigger! The moving of rocks and sand is probably more an act of looking for food (crustaceans hide)than redecorating. They are well adapted to finding and eating their hard shelled morsels.

Stacef

Absolutely gorgeous! Triggers are my favorite fish (right there with my porc puffer) and yours is beautiful. Congrats on making it a wonderful home :D