100 Clown Fish Fry!

Cassette87

I don't see them in the picture Cat... am I goin color blind?

Hmm Medical form..? *points at scott* :lol:

broken camera? well i say clown fish fry are a perfectly good reason to buy a new one!!! :D

BarbMazz

Picture still is great, Cat. It's really something how they care for their eggs!

Was your nerve conduction test an EMG?

caitrina

I don't see them in the picture Cat... am I goin color blind?

Hmm Medical form..? *points at scott* :lol:

broken camera? well i say clown fish fry are a perfectly good reason to buy a new one!!! :D

Hmmm, yes they are there Andy...they are between the mushrooms, the things that the clown is nudging around... as for new camera, I have been bidding on one on ebay. 10 mp :thumbup:

Yes Barb, an EMG....My 3rd one, but I guess I can't complain I know others who have had more than that and have been in worse shape than I. So I will just wear my elbow sock. :lol: and be thankful it is over...and will finally be placed at MMI. *sigh*

caitrina

AAAHH i you used flash didnt you! I was expecting to see gleaming orange!( or i'm color blind :lol:)

yeah I used flash, couldn't figure out how to turn it off on my son's camera and I didn't feel like fooling with it much. However Andy the eggs are that color, they are bright orange the first day or two and than they turn a rust brown color just like in the picture.

Like your cute little status smilies, keeps us on our toes that way and also yes you do have to check in at least once a week, we miss you when you are gone and also too bad you couldn't come to Fl with your parents. Maybe next time.

Cassette87

:snshne:
yeah I used flash, couldn't figure out how to turn it off on my son's camera and I didn't feel like fooling with it much. However Andy the eggs are that color, they are bright orange the first day or two and than they turn a rust brown color just like in the picture.

Like your cute little status smilies, keeps us on our toes that way and also yes you do have to check in at least once a week, we miss you when you are gone and also too bad you couldn't come to Fl with your parents. Maybe next time.

Ah, I see... :doh: Ah well, hopefully one day my clowns will finally get along and I'll get to learn all of this first hand! You're so lucky Cat! :)

Yea, I figured that would be part of my new years resolution... My last class just ended.. an hour and a half early! So I'll be on my way home and to the gym :) I knoww and I always feel bad if I go for more than a week without saying hi.. and then I feel guilty. Hopefully I'll make it down there on the next trip! (or maybe i'll just head out there this summer on my own :snshne: )

BarbMazz

Yes Barb, an EMG....My 3rd one, but I guess I can't complain I know others who have had more than that and have been in worse shape than I. So I will just wear my elbow sock. :lol: and be thankful it is over...and will finally be placed at MMI. *sigh*

I've had three EMG's as well. I had two in my arms and one for my lower back/legs. No fun at all and the ache lasts awhile, dontcha know!! Ah, beautiful elbow socks! The height of fashion!

caitrina

Great pic and can't wait to see the squigglies!

Tore up my left knee Sunday skiing (cartiledge/ligament), wiil know the prognosis Wednesday! I'll match your 6 weeks and raise you 14!

awwww, Craig! OUCH! Are you ok? You didn't need this, ya know. You just wanted to keep me company, huh? Misery loves company. That was so sweet of you, but you really shouldn't have. I hope you feel better real soon. Let me know what the Doc says.

I should be placed at MMI next month.

OK, onto the squiggles. I can't see anything squiggling, but I can't see half the time anyway. The eggs are still on the rock. I guess this has taught me that I can not dally between spawnings. I did not get to do a water change or put my tile in after the last spawn and this is what happens. So I am overdue for a WC and now they are on a rock that can not be removed. Shame on me. I am also leery about doing a WC in the pod because what if I suck up some ~~~'s if there are any. I would think that I would be able to see them easily by now if they have not met their demise in that tank. However, naturally they would be hiding in the rock...*sigh*

lcstorc

Good luck with this batch of babies. You are better prepared now and I can't wait until hatch night.
Sorry you had to go through another EMG. I had one years ago and it is something I will never forget. Horribly painful. Get better soon so we can roam HR again soon. Maybe when I get back from NY.

caitrina

Can you skim the water off the top for your WC in the 24? Have you tested and do you need to do a WC?

I'm OK, thanks for the thoughts!

I can skim the water off the top. I would prefer to do a WC although I can get away with not doing it, but remember I have more ~'s on the way so it could be awhile again before I can do a proper one. I don't even know what day it is, I think we are on day 3??? I will have to go back and look.

prow

i feel like a papa that nots allowed in the delivery room:alien:

Great pic and can't wait to see the squigglies!

Tore up my left knee Sunday skiing (cartiledge/ligament), wiil know the prognosis Wednesday! I'll match your 6 weeks and raise you 14!
ahhh man. its was my left knee too. i got lucky only the MCL, hope it comes out good for ya.

Cassette87

Cat, could you maybe put some sort of cheesecloth over the suction hose and just watch it as you are taking water out, ready to kink the hose if you see something? a fishy filter?

whats.. this... they hatched??!!

7a5f4476735456564646595768737670763751-100x100-0-0.jpg

hma

This week I have not that much time to read and write her on RS, sorry Cat. But now I have to make once again a few comments.

As the first note, the water in a breeding tank should always be fresh and filtered. In a breeding tank should never be the first weeks any ground/LS, or any decoration/LR. Since the first days always larvae die you must soon remove dead animals. In a tank with LS / LR but it is almost impossible. Also one should remove daily the feed leftovers, in a tank with LS/LR almost impossibly. Another reason why one in principle a tank without decoration should use is, one sees the small larvae much better and can judge thus their state of health much better.