GlennF's reefing heaven!

glennf

This Acanthurus Lineatus has been around since okt. 2013 and still behaving himself reasonably
(date edited)

16501252574_50a3a30373_c.jpg

Last edited:

spiraling

Hi Glenn,
You have a very very beautiful tank indeed. I do appreciate you sharing your system for reef keeping.

I have looked quite a bit into DSR and the sites you mention. I have also looked at product lines from Red Sea and Seachem. What do you feel the pros and cons are between using DSR and the Red Sea line of products? Once you consider that test kits cost the same for each, and it seems like you measure the same things, it seems like they are reasonable with each other in price (at least for a smaller aquarium)? What are the other differences?

glennf

Hi Glenn,
You have a very very beautiful tank indeed. I do appreciate you sharing your system for reef keeping.

I have looked quite a bit into DSR and the sites you mention. I have also looked at product lines from Red Sea and Seachem. What do you feel the pros and cons are between using DSR and the Red Sea line of products? Once you consider that test kits cost the same for each, and it seems like you measure the same things, it seems like they are reasonable with each other in price (at least for a smaller aquarium)? What are the other differences?
Please start a new thread. My original tank thread on RC was removed due to conflict of interest and i don't ever want that to happen again.
i don't promote/eleborate on my method unless i am ask to and/or able to become a sponsor.. that seems fair to others and the community.

glennf

frags or garbage?
most people would classify the piece beneath the algae as frag.
it was necessary to cut it down because the layer beneath was not getting enough light.

cc43bf79210de6fdaa7a7df4930d9863.jpg

19729f5bf4a19398b9b75bdead8b024c.jpg

89736d1fafc119bb8d16fcce37b2adee.jpg

61439c2a601e2604854ab53087ad207b.jpg

a7f654c980e6f5a029c1914a01c02d04.jpg

i think roughly 1 Kilo??

glennf

I'd pull the best out for frags and chuck the rest. Even the smallest frag can grow into a nice colony.

i know what you mean. Most (90%) of my corals were grown from frag less than 3cm.

They ended up in the bin.

before i brought a lot big (high quality) pieces to a few lfs in the neighbourhood getting just a little cash for it.
but at a certain moment there is no demand anymore so i will end up with lots of corals and multiple frag tank to keep them in stock
For now i don't intent to start multiple fragtanks in "fragshop" style.... Because i already have a hard time managing my "leisure" time spend on all my hobby's, because i got quite a few hobby's.

glennf

how about the green?

b93aed7c9bd8e64057b8effa6f74da1c.jpg

d7c490923a3f327cafce34879318a003.jpg

The result of daily dosig Fe-trace (0,02ppm) , manganese (0,2ppb) and recently an increased PO4 dosing of 0,01ppm per day supplemented with correction to reach a stable 0,06-0,08ppm

Biggles

Beautiful pics of your stunning display once again Glenn. I wasn't aware of the RC thing mate, sad to hear that happened to you my friend. :banghead: