Old Dog learning New tricks - My Nano Blog

Maprik

ha4unyda.jpg

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
That sure does look like one happy clownfish! Soo many homes how does he pick just one?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Beautiful looking tank. My RSM130D had a similar RBT explosion. For over 2 years they just kept popping up all over the place and I loved it. Lost the whole tank due to a crash but after seeing your tank I think I'm going to start it up again in a couple of weeks and see if I can't get back on track like yours.

Thanks for sharing :)

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
My thoughts are mixed... one thing for sure is my neglect played a large part in it. My tank took a back seat to "life in general" and because of that I let an algae bloom become an algae Atomic Bomb! I let it go until the algae suffocated the live rock, coral and every surface in the tank. I can't help but believe that over-all poor water quality was the ultimate demise of the tank.

I've got brand new rock to put in the tank (it's currently rockless except for one "token" piece of rock) and only has a single Yellow-tail Damsel in the tank. I'm planning to completely clean it inside and out (moving it into our new house ) and start it back up from scratch.

Maprik

Yes, sounds like too many phosphates in the water you were using...I'm still looking for a more pure source. I'm using the Walmart water but it's not perfect. I may have to invest in a RO/DI system....