Dog behavior help

Funlad3

Has been struck by the ban stick
My dog used to eat everything. He chewed on our back door, ate my sister's plastic purse, and even still, he eats sticks of raw butter off of the counter top. He outgrew it, and we can leave anything on the floor. I have tank chemicals in my room, and he could care less. Socks, kleenex, blankets, undies, leather couches, all are safe. :)

Any foods on our 3.5' counter though, gone.

phantom2991

my pit isnt above eating a dirty sock if she can find one. we always find it later crapped out into the yard though. never stays in her too long. now we know who the sock monster really is when we cant find the match.

redneckgearhead

Ok, with a high energy dog like that I hope you are crate training it and baby gates are your best friend until he realizes he can jump over them. I have a JR and crating him up when we leave is a MUST!!!! They are to smart for their own good and they get bored at home by themselves and will destroy a house. (don't ask me how I know) I have had a LOT of people tell me how cruel I am for putting my dog in a crate when I leave. They don't realize letting the dog roam free and get into trouble can be cruel. For my dog that crate is his "bed room" and he doesn't mind being in it. Good luck and I have had dogs eat a lot of stuff and a little peroxide down their throat will USUALLY make them puke it back up, but just a warning they will vomit and foam at the mouth for HOURS.

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Ok, with a high energy dog like that I hope you are crate training it and baby gates are your best friend until he realizes he can jump over them. I have a JR and crating him up when we leave is a MUST!!!! They are to smart for their own good and they get bored at home by themselves and will destroy a house. (don't ask me how I know) I have had a LOT of people tell me how cruel I am for putting my dog in a crate when I leave. They don't realize letting the dog roam free and get into trouble can be cruel. For my dog that crate is his "bed room" and he doesn't mind being in it. Good luck and I have had dogs eat a lot of stuff and a little peroxide down their throat will USUALLY make them puke it back up, but just a warning they will vomit and foam at the mouth for HOURS.

you mean there are people who don't crate train?

carlfike

I would never crate a dog. I think it's cruel. I have a huge backyard with a pool. Much better than a crate. IMO if you don't have a big enough yard to have a dog don't buy one.

Built347

Has been struck by the ban stick
Its just a training technique.. once my dogs are responsible enough to roam free they do... I prefer it that way... but... during the day when I'm home and I leave him out... he sleeps in his cage with the door open..

reeferman

the crate is not cruel,if you dont use it as a punishment.they actually feel safer in the confined space.

lcstorc

My dogs love their crates. There is no way I would leave them outside all day in 90 degree weather. Instead they sleep in their nice oversized crates in the A/C with the rest of us.
There was a time I thought it was cruel but unless it is a big dog in a small crate or if they are locked in for hours and hours mine have come to love it. (I forgot to mention their soft fluffy beds and food and water in the crates as well.)

Builtschic

We leave ours caged during the day when we r at work and then leave him out all night and he sleeps in our room. He loves his cage he knows that when I am done brushing my teeth In the morning and grab my purse it's time he goes right in no problem I don't even have to tell him too.