AquaticLife 36 Inch 2x150 Watt HQI R7S HID 4x39 Watt T5 HO Light W/ 4 Leds

engineer goby

Has been struck by the ban stick
Yes compared to your earlier listed lights. Aquaticlife is a quality light from a quality company

dmatt88

I've got an Aquaticlife fixture. Its nice just the night leds burn out quick.

........I have nothing intelligent left to say.

Jblaise

Ok I think I'm at the point where I'm just gonna put the extra $450 into lighting...so much for doing it all on a budget of $1500...it'll be close but this is 1/3 of all costs in the tank...at least twice of any other cost...guess that means I'm doing it right.
Quality Light that can grow any coral. If they ask do I tell them 10k 14k or 20k Metal Halides?

dmatt88

Metal halides r a different bulb buddy. These r t5s. They will send half 14k half actinic. !

........I have nothing intelligent left to say.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Yes compared to your earlier listed lights. Aquaticlife is a quality light from a quality company

Bingo!!

Yes the bulbs you mentioned are more Metal Halide descriptions instead of T5's. It'll make more sense as you read and research more :)

engineer goby

I don't know if you get a choice but if you do it's just a personal choice. The higher you go the more blue the light looks. 10k is very white more yellow then blue, 14k is a crisp white with a blue tint and 20k is more blue.

Jblaise

I also found some reasonable Metal Halide systems a friend recommened. I'm not sure on the wattage thou. 65 Gallon Reef with all types of corals. 36LX18Wx24h. I know you said 250w for 2 feet. These 4 models of 36" range from 328W to 656w.
I was considering - 2x 150W HQI - 4x 39W T5 High Output - 6x Dual LED Odyssea Metal Halide System I know the name isn't known for quality but the smae light shown here goes from
$239 to over $450 on other sites. I think it may meet the needs of my tank and not cost as much as I thought.