What should I do?

Twiggs1134

Hi everyone!! I have a 150 gallion tank and 6 chidlids my 2 Jewels just had baby's about two days ago. While watching them just now I seen the Jewels and the others eating them. Did I do something wrong? What should I do to keep them all from eating them? Thanks so much Ari

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Hi, thanks for visiting Reef Sanctuary. I'm not an expert on breeding. Do you have anything in the tank that can act as a safe haven for the fry, ie plants, live or fake. Another option is to set up another tank and transfer the fry that you can catch and raise them separately. My angels eat the eggs well before they have a chance to hatch.

Twiggs1134

Yes I have a lot of real plants and caves for them to hide in. I'm just worried maybe I'm doing something all wrong

Bearjohnson

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
If you can get them out I'd do that. They will have a tough time growing big enough to survive.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Do you plan to raise them? If the parents are eating them they are not safe in the tank. If you siphon them out you'll need to care for them. It's not that hard, I did it with my jack Dempsey babies, just a little extra work.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
good advise ^

welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :dance: