Varga's 300 Gallon In-Wall Build!!!!!!!!!!!!

jjohnson3

Haha. I too am getting very interested in these new "water sticks". I am also interested in the Monti caps. They remind me of fungi that grows on decaying trees although they look much better and seen to be harder to keep lol.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Yes Frankie, I think my water is finally good enough for sticks. They extended their little polyps within a couple of hours of acclimation. I'm starting to book some nice spring/summer jobs so I'll be able to buy some nicer sticks :D
Then we will be able to trade sticks! :bluenod:

Varga

Sounds great Frankie.

Couple of basic questions:

Are sps corals pruned like fruit trees? in other words, If I frag it above the "bud" will there be a few new buds right bellow the cut?
acro_blue_slimer.jpg

Can there be lots of softies in a SPS tank or should I get rid of them ASAP?

Would it be really benificial if I get rid of most large fish? just keep a few tiny ones for fun and avoid the mess they big ones make?

Varga

Thanks Jeremy. I have a new problem, I cant put the new camera down!! one crazy expensive hobby after another :D

Jeremy0322

As long as you keep posting the pics on this thread I dont think either one of us will have an issue with your new found "problem"

dianezoo

You know what the 12 step program is for this dont you Varga.
come to this site and post 1 - 12 picutrures a week. You will never be cured, but will have much suppot!!!

Wow, thats some nice pics! If I had a camera that good I'd be addicted too! You are really making me want to go camping, it's been a while!!!!!!!!

Varga

I've only found 1 good fish store around here. I don't every venture farther north than Tacoma though.

If you do end up coming north of Tacoma, try Barrier Reef Aquariums.

I'm guessing you know about that local forum we have up here? where folks do lots of frag swaps and what not?