Varga's 300 Gallon In-Wall Build!!!!!!!!!!!!

Varga

that's sad Michelle.
I have tried live Brine. I think she has eye sight problems. She tries to eat it, she goes towards it, but misses!!

Jeremy0322

uh oh! Thats no good, there is really nothing you can do about that. This may seem really mean to say, but it may be a better way to go out than starving to death. If you arent successful in getting her to eat have you considered putting her down, it seems like a nicer approach then the current path she is leading. There are a few methods out there that I suppose make the fish feel little to no pair. Lee said something about one of the methods in a post talking about what all reefers should have on hand, i noticed it because I had never heard of doing that before.

I thought the same thing, the lion did that too, so I was thinking ok it just cant see, but we can work with that. I would hold a piece right in front of his nose & he acted like he wanted it, just wouldnt eat it. Plus I could see his eyes following me, just grasping at straws. I think he really wanted it, but the blockage must have made him feel full so he refrained. I hope you have better luck, it's got to be the hardest thing to watch one starve to death & there is absolutely nothing you can do.

Varga

Thanks guys and gals but Hippo went to a better place this morning. Fishy heaven, also known as the green bin outside :D

In other news, picked up a few frags.

1-8.jpg

4-4.jpg

2-7.jpg

morbius18

Those are some nice sps pics. I know that it is a little late, but when I bred bettas, sometimes they would get blockages, and a boiled pea would help things along.

lcstorc

My condolences,
A boiled pea? Now that is new.
I am sure you tried all of the methods in Lee's threads so all I can say is I am sorry.

On a much happier note, those are some sweet frags.

Varga

Thanks everyone. Hippo died kind of a horrific death! She was floating around in the current, still alive, and the fox face kept pecking at her aggressively!! even after she got stuck to a Koralia, he kept on pecking!!!! This dude is evil. I'm going to give him away and no more big fish!

Yes Frankie, I think my water is finally good enough for sticks. They extended their little polyps within a couple of hours of acclimation. I'm starting to book some nice spring/summer jobs so I'll be able to buy some nicer sticks :D

I upgraded 2 of my ballasts to Icecap with Phoenix 1400k's. the difference is pretty huge.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
"Common" almost derogatory name for certain types of SPS corals

Examples of "Water Sticks"
1-8.jpg

4-4.jpg

They are VERY addictive and look AMAZING as they grow out :)

Varga

Stick are great. I am hoping to take a lesson from the fresh water planting rule and have just a few species but lots of them instead of having one of each popular frag :)

I hear once they get going, they really grow fast. In my case, that might be another 6 months or so