Tom's 200g DD

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Yep!

That's the thing......insurance is for accidents and not "bad maintenance" or craftsmanship. The problem is, what will the insurance company consider the leak? The Bottom blowing out or a leak......one is covered and one isn't. Frustrating...definitely but it seems the guy on RC either got a rider to remove the leak exclusion or the insurance company considered it an accidental break therefore covered.

Chubb is a high end insurer that would probably specifically underwrite a big tank.......standard insurers may not want to get into such specific perils. Water sucks, especially with hardwood floors or second floor losses!

But heck, let's stop jinxing Tom hahahahahaha - Build it Tom!

tnwillia

Thanks for the info guys! I'm not really worried about the tank or contents replacement as much as the repair to the house after a "major tank failure". Slow leaks/bad maintenance I understand and feel I'll catch those before they become a problem. It's going to work with all normal and coming home to find a picture like the RC thread that got me looking at this. I understand about the goldfish LOL & them not getting to spicific and actual coverage based on the investigated cause, and that all makes since. Brian you just gave me more info than they have in 3 weeks which is my main problem. I'll know this week and already got another company lined up that gave me the info I needed to hear this week. I do want to build this! Thanks again!

catran

Hi Tom! Just found your thread.
Have you considered the bottom eurobracing that the guy referenced?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tnwillia

Hey Cat, yes, I have but not talked to Marinelland yet. This really isn't about the Marineland tank, they have a great record and I'm not worried it would "just fail" any more than my RSM 250 espically with it setting on their stock stand. Plus they offer a lifetime warranty on the tank if you use their stand. Thanks!

tnwillia

Het Bryan, this thread no, but I am looking at getting the Marineland 150 DD Cube (36x36x27) when I start again. One of the problems I ran into with the 200 or larger was I couldn't get it thru my door. After my current clean-up from my RSM250 fail I'm going to be gun shy for a while. Thanks!

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Get back on that horse brother! So is that 27 or 36 tall?

......reefing. not for the faint of heart or spirit.